1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[April Fools] New Civilization 5: Gods & Kings Details released

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by vexing, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

april lulz day. the WDW "spoiler" concept art pic was just some mosaic/watercolor/blur photoshopping, like 10-15 minutes worth. i snerked before i realized this wasnt going to happen.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Am i the only one who knows what "concept art" is?

3. OsmarChito

OsmarChito Warlord

i hope that is the case becasue 2 units stacking together sounds great along with the disney world and the true globe location start but the godzilla thing and the prehistoric thing was not that good

4. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

Nice one vexing! :goodjob:

I didn't know you had some sense of humor! You are almost always looking serious :) Must be the content staff bar.

5. vexing

vexing knows

now that you mention it, it does look just like a photo run through photoshop's dry brush filter =0

6. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

So, this confirms that the whole article is fake, or at least some parts of it?

7. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

How do you think Firaxis did the previous images? Googled something, and laid some filters over it.
    (do you remember OrsonM's thread about the stock image scavenger hunt? -> exactly that)

8. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I have read this a few times. Now I don't know if it's real or not, but I like the idea of the true globe map with true start locations. I like the idea of adding the Navy seals to America, but they should be able to build US marines too. Marine veterans may not like the fact that squids are replacing them, no matter how tough seals really are.:lol:

Walt Disney World does not sell me for a world wonder though. But I suppose I could get used to it. The prehistoric start sounds interesting though. I like the idea of the Zulu's returning. The new 2UPT combat system is one I am not sure about. I'd have to try it out. The Mecha Godzilla is stronger than the Giant Death Robot, 230 if I am seeing correctly vs 150 for the GDR. Reading it again all the ideas seem plausible. Who would have thought?

Its been a longtime since creature double feature on channel 56, when I was a kid.

9. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

You got a point there, but still, it's really hard to believe that a Walt Disney wonder could exist in CiV... I really do hope we get confirmation as to whether the OP is legitimate or not.

But, I'd really like it if the Zulus are finally here and the 2 UPT system was something that I hoped they would implement from the very beginning (melee units along with ranged units on the same tile). It would definitely prevent "traffic jams" at least, apart from actually making the AI "better" in combat.

10. TheMarshmallowBear

We have to wait and see.. I'm sure a lot of us want this to be at least partially true with many of the features..

11. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

Sure, I had seen that image, but the fact that it is called "warrior" and that iron working is still being researched doesn't necessarily mean that it is indeed a warrior replacement (although I recognize that it seems very likely); it could be a replacement for a new ancient era unit (axemen anybody :mischief:?).

And to those that are still doubting about the veracity of this, come on: In a shocking turn of events, Vexing pretty much recognized his -until now hidden- mischievous nature with his last post :lol:

12. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

And that is exactly why I am waiting for a confirmation from Vexing his/her self, so we can be sure. After all, in my country, it's not April 1st anymore!

13. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

It's completely astonishing to me that some people refuse to believe this is a joke, if only for the fact that Mechagodzilla would not be able to exist before a Godzilla barbarian unit does.

14. Babri

Babri Emperor

I think that is enough to confirm that this was intended to be a joke, I am still surprised why some people did not get it. Lol

15. TheMarshmallowBear

Because a lot of those features are features WE WOULD want to see. I know this is a joke, but I still want some of the features (True Start, Prehistory, Zulu, yes, I want Zulu, don't you dare shout at meh D: )

16. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

i'd prefer kongo over zulu, but it's not likely

17. HedBanger247916

HedBanger247916 Chieftain

Ugh, I hate you 2K!! Since I have been anticipating new info for the past 2 weeks, I feel like this was a kick straight to the balls!

Although now in hindsight, the disney world pic seemed like a rushed photoshop job, the movie deal sounded ridiculous, and I still feel like they would not approve a 2 unit per tile system (in fact it was blowing my mind when I read that).

But I will admit, the extra unique unit/building/improvement got me excited, even though I also felt it might be adding too much. I still want to believe the Zulu and the extra huge earth map with true start locations are in....

P.S. I nearly pooped my pants thinking I'd get to have my very own Mecha Godzilla!!

18. spicytimothy

spicytimothy Warlord

Wow this was a GOOD April Fools prank. I didn't get it until the very last part. Damn it.

19. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

You didn't get it at least by Mecha G.? O_O

20. TheMarshmallowBear

Mecha G. would be an awesome unit if you ask me.. make Japan even more powerful :evil:

First of all, why does everybody hate ZULU?

Also, this is driving me crazy, the "Walt Disney" is titled a CONCEPT ART... stop making such a big deal that it's photoshop, joke or not.. a concept art is not FINISHED VERSIOn.. jeez.. OCD kicking in!!