[GS] Aqueduct placement

Dexter25

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I have following issue. I have founded a city next to Everest wonder. IT appears as mountain. See print screen. However I cannot build Aqueduct district. Why?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,175
It "appears" as a Mountain (graphic display), but the tooltip shows it is impassable plains tiles, so not aqueduct-eligible. That is true of most (all?) natural wonder mountains.

You'd think that a mountain wonder was actually on a mountain tile. Go figure!

I almost never build an aqueduct though. I figure there are more important things to do early on. Like get settlers, units, and campus or comm hub. I know you can pump the city's pop, but if the spot is that bad, move the settler. The coast isn't too bad.

This irks me. I specifically remember them going into detail in a live stream about how they reworked all the tiles, and what they count as. This included natural wonders counting as mountains (the ones that should be mountains).

This really annoys me too. Another fresh water related issue that annoys me.

These tiles don’t count as fresh water.

This really annoys me too. Another fresh water related issue that annoys me.

These tiles don’t count as fresh water.

You could argue that it should, but the reason it isn't is that the river doesn't travel along one of the edges of that hex. That tile itself doesn't access the river. It just accesses the source. If you've seen any river sources in real life, you'd know just how little water there is there.

Nor the Pammukale, which also provides fresh water, and looks like a mountain (although it isn't).

Top Bottom