Arabia First Look Video (Saladin)

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Some very interesting stuff this civ have.

Guaranteed religion allow Arabia to focus on developing in the early game instead of rushing for religion.

Madrass give more science then the university and if that is not good enough you also get faith from your campus adjancency bonus.

And your holy sites are also better because your worship building is both cheaper and better.

If you like war the Mamluks never have to stop and rest because they heal every single turn no matter what.

Holy cow, Arabia sounds SICK!

UA: "The last prophet": When the second-to-last Great Prophet is taken by another civ, Arabia automatically receive a great prophet, if they haven't already founded a religion.
UU: Mamluk: Knight replacement. Heals automatically at the end of each turn, even if it has attacked.
UB: Madrassa: University replacement that gives extra science AND extra faith based on the campus adjacency bonus.
LUA: Righteousnes of the faith: Religious building (Pagoda, Synagogue, etc.) costs very little faith and provides bonus science, faith AND culture.

:eek::eek::eek:

O.o I'll have to rewatch it a few times, but on first look, it looks incredibly strong.

Also: nice view of the forbidden city and the potala palace

Good stuff, I'll type it up in a minute if nobody else has.

UA: The Last Prophet - Gets the last available prophet when the penultimate is taken (guaranteed religion)

UU: Mamluk - Heals every turn, even if it's taken an action. Knight replacement.

UI: Madrassa - University replacement, generates additional science, and gives faith equal to Campus adjacency bonus. Unlocks at Theology Civic instead of Education Technology.

LUA: Righteousness of the Faith - Worship building for Arabia's religion costs very little faith and generates bonus science, faith and culture.

Dang it, the last three revealed civs used bonuses I was thinking of using for a potential mod civ! >: (

Still loving these reveals though

UU: Mamluk, heals every turn, even when moving or attacking. replaces the knight. Same strength (48)
UA: The last Prophet: Gets the last prophet once the last but one is claimed by any civ. potentially this does nothing if you already had your prophet.
UB: Madrassa, replacing the university. Gives more science. Gives as much faith as the campus adjacency bonus.
ULA: Righteousness of the faith: Worship building costs very little faith to build. Produces bonus science, faith and culture.

I like it. 3/4 abilities are very strong and I like the science bonuses.

To me the first bonus of always getting the last prophet seems meh. If you're focusing on the Science/Faith synergy shouldn't you almost always have enough faith to get a great prophet anyways? Seems like most games it'll not be a bonus at all.

Though I do feel the other 3 benefits are more than good enough to make up for it.

Religious focus as expected.
Their knight reminds me of the Borg with auto repair afterwards. :)
Definitely good for the science and culture focuses games.

Quick overview (sorry if some things are incorrectly written):
UA: Always get the last prophet if they didn't have one. So this means guaranteed religion founding (on a side note - whether it's possible to have 2 Arabia in the game?).
UB: Madrasa. University replacement with additional science and faith (modified by adjacency bonus).
UU: Mamluk. Knight replacement which heals at the end of the turn (looks like not fully).
LUA: Religious buildings from religion (like Pagoda) are cheaper and give additional science and culture.

Well... About to start class, so I'll have to check it out after.

I will make my prediction here, the next FL video will be...

Russia

You heard it here, first. Lol

Edit: as expected, religion and a hint of science.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Arabia could actually be my first civ to play, because all it's bonuses are passive. It looks even more "default" than America.

I like it. 3/4 abilities are very strong and I like the science bonuses.

To me the first bonus of always getting the last prophet seems meh. If you're focusing on the Science/Faith synergy shouldn't you almost always have enough faith to get a great prophet anyways? Seems like most games it'll not be a bonus at all.

Though I do feel the other 3 benefits are more than good enough to make up for it.

I think Arabia will be very good Civ on higher difficulties because of their Civ ability. On lower difficulty levels it might very well be useless, but on the other hand other ability/building are so strong that it doesnt even matter.

Great Prophets are primarily generated through Great Prophet Points again, not Faith. Though you can buy one with faith, one assumes you might want to save it for other things.

It does again raise the question as to what good Great Prophet Points are after you found a religion, though.

A guaranteed religion is very nice because you can focus on other stuff in the early game such as settlers and campuses and still know you will get a religion. It allow for alot of possible strategies other civs can not make use of if they want a religion.

I wonder if Madrass is bosted by the campus adjacency card boost because its faith bonus is based on the campus adjacency bonus.

Top Bottom