Arabia First Look Video (Saladin)

I wonder if you could pass on a prophet and continue to build up your faith knowing you wil automatically get the last one. Then you have lots of faith saved up to spend.

seems to be it, if you get a godly mountain site for 1 district, use it on campus because your faith from Madrassah will be from the adjacency bonus of the campus

Mamlucks HUGE boost to military (Especially since promotions now take the turn - this makes MAMLUCKS infinite attackers at full health).

UA, UI, UB all boost faith.

No direct boost to housing or food.

Huge boost to science just the rationalism policy from the start.

Random boost to culture.

Seems WAAAY better than Gilgamesh. On par with India and Kongo for religion. Not a fan of the random culture boost. Did they REALLY need another bump?

We have it confirmed, that you cannot go for religious victory without founding a religion yourself.
That might be important regarding the UA. Not only can you always compete for religious victory ('the fastest victory type'), you will also be able to defend other civs from winning that type since you will have a religion and lots of faith to buy inquisitors to protect your civ from the 'winning' religion. And one civ cannot go for religious victory that otherwise would have founded a religion.

Is it possible to buy more than 1 great prophet just to avoid other civs getting a religion?

In a way i think its not fair to Kongo, specifically Afonso I because he's denied a victory type from the very start

In a way i think its not fair to Kongo, specifically Afonso I because he's denied a victory type from the very start

But his tourism amount in the live stream was insane compared to the other civs. So insane, that cultural victory might be broken if Kongo is in the game. Might also just have been a very bad AI, although it seemed to be on good course for religious victory.

Arabia is a science focused religious civ or a religious science civ.

Early game it build settlers and campuses while other civs build holy district. Arabia gets science and religion, other civ get only religion so who is better off;)

The more arabia focus on science the stronger its faith output gets due to Madrass and the more if focus on religion the stronger it science get because of the science bonus from worship buildings.

Thus Arabia is not just a religious or just a science civ, it is actually both things at the same time.

Can you build worship buildings without having temples? If you can't it just make arabia UA even better.

Once you get a GP I don't think you get another one. So Arabia has little incentive to build Holy Sites, which generate GP points, until they pocket the last prophet.

I don't get the complaining about UA. It's a combination of abilities that make the whole, and the whole is incredibly strong. You want to make Arabia even stronger with "not lackluster" UA???

Once you get a GP I don't think you get another one. So Arabia has little incentive to build Holy Sites, which generate GP points, until they pocket the last prophet.

But later you'll want one in every city to get as many 3rd tier holy site buildings as possible. So this really shifts around build orders.

Seems that Arabia is gonna be really strong in religion (as it should be) and also in science. I kind of miss some trade bonus, but I guess it's already too powerful.

The UA is not lackluster by any means. Arabia is the only civ that is garantueed to get a religion. It can do whatever it want and it get a religion. Go science crazy early the game which the civ is encouraged to do with its UB being a campus building and you still get a religion.

And as said everything it have basically both boost its science and faith making stronger in both compared to the average civ.

But later you'll want one in every city to get as many 3rd tier holy site buildings as possible. So this really shifts around build orders.

but it makes your early choice incredibly easy, campus all the way and get a lead in science while keeping up on the religion end as well

I wasn't aware that medieval Arabia fielded an army of horse mounted Wolverines.

I should brush up on my history.

Best civ so far for those chasing a science victory. The faith points can help with scientist GP too. I was expecting a trade element but it's understandable that this wasn't included, so strong already.

A lot of people get tunnel vision about uniques and fail to regard them holistically.

What are your guesses for the bonuses?

Madrasa + 6 Science? University gives +4. But it should be as good as UDs and comparable to the film studio (+100% tourism) and the electronics factory. But it also gives the adjacency bonus of the campus in faith. So it will not create that much more science, and +7 or +8 science seem unlikely. So maybe the bonus is +2 science and usually +2/3/4 faith. Arabia's starting location might not involve mountains though. + it comes earlier than the university. So maybe just +5 science?

ULA: +1faith, +1science, +1culture? Or even more? It's already as good as the best UIs there are.

Madrasa + 6 Science? University gives +4. But it should be as good as UDs and comparable to the film studio (+100% tourism) and the electronics factory. But it also gives the adjacency bonus of the campus in faith. So it will not create that much more science, and +7 or +8 science seem unlikely. So maybe the bonus is +2 science and usually +2/3/4 faith. Arabia's starting location might not involve mountains though.
Something like +6 science and campus adjacency bonus is converted to faith at a 1 to 1 ratio (it still provides science adjacency in additional to the faith).

ULA: +1faith, +1science, +1culture? Or even more? It's already as good as the best UIs there are.
They are also cheaper. UI is something you can build alot of, they are not the same thing as building at all so a 1 to 1 compaision will lead to completely wrong conclusion.

Top Bottom