1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arabian UHV

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by mitsho, Feb 28, 2007.

1. sdLeo

sdLeo Cosmopolitan

By North Africa they mean the Maghreb I believe, since Egypt is a different civ IRL than the Bedouins.

2. fearuin

fearuin Born to be Warlord

No vassals... think on Vanilla!

3. mitsho

mitsho Chieftain

or means you can either conquer and control it or make these civs your vassal. Should go both ways, you can write a (warlords only) after vassal if you wish...

btw. I moved on to the Vikings, did anybody have luck with them yet?

mick

4. fearuin

I didn't know that it was possible to add a line only for Warlords.

5. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I think he ment put "(warlords only)" in the text

6. fearuin

Yes, the "commas" are pretty useful ;) . But I was just stupid on that moment. Of course it's possible to add a line only for warlords. They are different files! :blush:

7. Yakk

Yakk Cheftan

What if islamic missionaries where given the "can explore enemy territory" flag? (which lets them enter someone else's nation even with open borders off).

Then, so long as you aren't at war with a civilization, they couldn't keep your missionaries out...

You'd still need a huge empire to get a good percent of the world population. This would allow a higher "percent of the world" number with the same difficulty level. :)

8. amigo

amigo Chieftain

I have tried but my second trigger doesn't. Why ?

Attached Files:

9. friend128

friend128 Chieftain

Hello, everyone. I am new in this forum. I hope you will help me if I don't know the rules.
    I love Civ IV and Civ V and the mod of Rhy'es Rise and Fall of Civ

Thank you !

10. Veshta

Veshta Chieftain

Spreading Islam is not very hard, once you start dominating by picking up vassals and territory. the AI is usually willing to convert peacefully when asked and it seems that natural spread of Islam is boosted the stronger you become.

11. friend128

friend128 Chieftain

Yes, but I have a problem with 2nd UHV, to conquer Spain on time

12. Veshta

Veshta Chieftain

Aah, ok. 2nd UHV is a little trickier, but easy once you get a hang of it.

You generally need to stop expansion after the "core" is secure (Persia to Egypt). Abuse the whip to get 3-4 Galleys ready near Carthage and fill them with similarly whipped Camels (6-8) .. if you have gunpowder then a cannon or two will make it a cakewalk but they are not really needed.

If you are doing the 600AD start then the shrines are all but secure from the start and you have loads of time to get in place. A little harder as the Byzantium fleet will mess you up, but send the settler west early and whip all galleys in place .. camels over land for embarkation.

13. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

friend128, next time you have a question like that feel free to post it in the Questions & Answers thread :)