Arabian Units (6/19/06)

sepamu92 said:
I think he means to have the same unit look different for different civilizations, like the age-specific worker.

@Pleoperpengel: I was not specifically planning on doing any more arabian units, right now. But I may do them later on.
As I said you only have to use the unitinf and civinf for that. Make em UUs but keep the original stats, that's all of it. It's working that way with ethically diverse units and you will see plenty of this in WH as well. Or do I miss something?:confused:

sepamu92 said:
I think he means to have the same unit look different for different civilizations, like the age-specific worker.
I actually looked into doing that using the SDK (the idea was to expand the age specific style to civ specific), however, given our current SDK it's impossible (as far as I know) to do this by regular means, we just don't have the necessary functions exposed to us to do that. There might be a trick that could accomplish this, but it'll have to be devised by someone much smarter than me. The Great Apple also did something that kinda does a similar thing although it's not exactly that, and it's somewhat cumbersome and possibly not good for performance.

I'm hoping that the changes they make to the SDK for Warlords will allow us to add that feature, but it's doubtful.

And if anyone from Firaxis is reading this, and you know how to do this right now, then do share please :)

Rabbit said:
I actually looked into doing that using the SDK (the idea was to expand the age specific style to civ specific), however, given our current SDK it's impossible (as far as I know) to do this by regular means [...]

Bother :(!
Rabbit is it confirmed that the expansion SDK and warlords will be released simultaneously? I really fear this day...

Very nice piece of art! :goodjob: I am in awe. This is the kind of flavor that lifts the game really up a bit, without touching game play at all. Curious, how much time do you have to devote to those creations?

Jaca

Here are buttons for the Arabian units:

Attachments

• ArabianButtons.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 91
These are some awesome buttons Laurion. Excellent work :thumbsup:

Top Bottom