1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arawn- Angel of Death

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Vandal Warlord, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I'm looking for as much information I can about Arawn. Followers, appearance, personality, mindset, ect. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Personality - non-interventionist and passive. His afterword is the "default" one, do to speak. In it, everyone receives the fate based on what they really deeply down think about themselves. While some people are too harsh on themselves, and some are too soft, no one can blame Arawn for his fate. He strongly dislikes death magic that rises undead creatures.

Followers - well, the Sidar respect him. Active worship is pointless - as a non-interventionist god, he doesn't answer prayers.

Basium was an angel under Arawn that got sick of his boss' non-interventionism.

3. TC01

TC01 Deity

Basium wasn't just an angel- he was an archangel. The archangel of Life, to be precise, as Arawn took on the powers of Life after Nemed gave up his power. The archangel of Death is Gyra, Basium's "sister".

Some information from the Bestiary of Erebus:

The Dullahan are the Angels of Death unit from the actual game.

4. Del Valle

Del Valle Chieftain

I believe there is a description of Arawn in the Scions of Patria Civilopedia. The name of the cycle is "In A Bright Land".

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Yeah, but it's not exactly cannon. ;)

The link is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=335081

Arawn is also referenced in the Legion of D'tesh lore, although rather obliquely... Thanatos (A leader I added for them) is a rebellious Angel of Death, one of Laroth's minions in his war to usurp godhood from Arawn. Laroth and D'tesh have a deal, in which Laroth gets the souls and D'tesh gets the bodies... Thanatos working for D'tesh is a result of that deal.

6. smana

smana Chieftain

so his afterlife is different than the pit of the tar demons in the vault of Mulcarn?

7. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

A post truly worthy of Arawn... Or maybe Laroth, instead. ;)

And yes.

8. smana

smana Chieftain

yes it was a masterpiece of a post glad I got appreciated for it :D

9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

He is referring to that being thread necromancy. Arawn actually hates necromancy, although he is too lazy to so much about it. Laroth isn't really known for necromancy either, although he gains recruits by promising them a chance to live again and he does have at least one Once Elven Necromancer secretly in his service.

The denizens of Arawns underworld aren't exactly awake. His realm is a dreamscape, where subconscious of each dead soul brings its dreams and nightmares to life. The dreams are all connected and the souls can interact, but most are oblivious what happens outside of their little segment of the world. (From the canonical descriptions the dream seems to generally appear identical to the soul's childhood home.) Only a few rare heroes have the strength or will to "wake up," or rather to opt to dream lucidly. Laroth is the first and greatest of these. Of course, he technically came to the Netherworld while still alive, which as explained in Ashes of Brigdarrow (the text Kael sent me and asked me not to share) does make it easier to resist the lure of losing oneself forever in a dream.