Archer Promotions

Archers -> crossbow -> grenadeirs -> morter -> infantry morter. I'll check into modding the game aleast for myself. But this makes the most sense. The new units will still have range attack however the grenadiers will have -1 range, I.e. can bombarded the square next to it unless the range attack has been unlocked for promotion which will give the default two square attack, the units like archers of its time is for defense or attacking other units, not a true siege unit against cities.

A) An almost year-long necro? I somehow doubt anyone taking part in the original conversation will reap the benefit of reading your comment.

B) Save yourself the trouble of modding the game, this is going to be fixed in Gods and Kings, the expansion pack coming out next week. The new upgrade line is Archer>Compound Archer>Crossbow>Gatling Gun>Machine Gun. The GG and MG each have the -1 range you were talking about.

Cheers.

~R~

I noticed the posts death after I posted it. I'm on my cell phone at work so I dont have the luxery of seeing everything clearly. I'll look for the expansion, this line still irks me. I was hoping there was a mod already for it. Ah well.

Archer lines will now upgrade to composite bows/machine guns (with range of 1 tile with possibility of more with promo) as of the new expansion gods and kings. So, be happy hehe.

Top Bottom