1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Archer Ranged Attacks?

Discussion in 'RoM Strategy & Tips' started by Lliraedeon, May 28, 2010.

1. Lliraedeon

Lliraedeon Chieftain

Probably a stupid question that I shall regret asking, but how do you get Archery units to execute ranged attacks? It says in the Sevopedia that they can execute ranged attacks (with varying degrees of accuracy) but how? Is it like the Bombard command for siege units? So far I haven't managed to do this, as attacking with my archers (in the ancient era) results universally in extermination! Is there no way for them to attack from range without having to lose them, as in real life? (or the new Civ 5?)

2. Lord Brooks

Lord Brooks Big Noob

Have you turned on their ranged attack feature using the bug menu in the top left hand corner of your screen?

If not, they will attack like standard units. Click the BUG symbol and then look through the various tabs until you see the one with details of ranged archer bombardment, click the toggable button to turn this feature on/off.

3. Lliraedeon

Lliraedeon Chieftain

I had a look in the BUG menu, but couldn't see anthing to do with enabling ranged attacks from archers :( What tab is it as nothing seems to apply?

EDIT: Nevermind! Found it! Thanks for your help. I was being blind!