ARCHIVED: Going Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
So, let's discuss the Beta version here. Don't expect much input from me as classes are sadly due to start next Thursday.

Errr.. there's a Beta version?... Where can I download it?

Errr.. there's a Beta version?... Where can I download it?

as far as I know, there isn't a beta version per se, but there will be one very soon :)

Did King Arthur, Balthasar, and Blue Monkey decide on what they wanted to do yet with a Beta thread? As far as I know, they had no decision made yet on if to open one or not.

Did they actually decide to go ahead and release a Beta? I assume going Beta means they are planning on releasing a Beta version very soon. I doubt this though, because Balthasar in the other thread said there was some loss of files that had to be rebuilt.

It may be better for one of the main mod creators themselves to create a beta thread for their scenario so they can update first post.

@tom2050:
I think its ok with them, but I don't really have anything to do with the decision-making process :)

Oh but they said they needed a thread to discuss the beta, so, logically, I made one. ;)

Oh but they said they needed a thread to discuss the beta, so, logically, I made one. ;)
Wrong! There has only been discussion about whether or not it's time for such a thread. You've created misunderstandings and confusion.
Did King Arthur, Balthasar, and Blue Monkey decide on what they wanted to do yet with a Beta thread? As far as I know, they had no decision made yet on if to open one or not.
It may be better for one of the main mod creators themselves to create a beta thread for their scenario so they can update first post.
Exactly. The decision is up to Balthasar & King Arthur.

Did they actually decide to go ahead and release a Beta? I assume going Beta means they are planning on releasing a Beta version very soon. I doubt this though, because Balthasar in the other thread said there was some loss of files that had to be rebuilt.

A popular uprising, eh? Hasn't the King treated you well? Have you not been fed enough; or granted enough freedom? Have we not posted all of the elements of this mod online for you to use? HOW DARE YOU!!

Actually I don't mind that much; popular uprisings usually have a valid point at their core, and this one is no exception. Carpe Diem. This mod has been a long time in development, and I, in particular, haven't been holding up my end of it very well. We do need a re-configuration of responsibility if we're to have a happy kingdom, and I'm prepared to make significant concessions, with the following caveat: this will remain a monarchy and King Arthur will retain his throne, which is only fair, since this whole kingdom was his idea in the first place.

But if you're going to be little hotheads, you have to also assume some responsibility - I'm looking at you, Takhisis - you've just volunteered yourself for duty.

So here's what's going to happen now: we're revamping this whole forum, and there will be a separate thread about the progress of the Lost Worlds mod. Some previous discussions regarding this will be ported over from other threads, and occupy the first few posts of that thread. Expect this within the next 24 hrs or so.

And everyone who wanted this thread will have to participate, if we're going to succeed at this task:

Takhisis, you and Blue were working on making cities; that project seems to have stalled in the planning stages. I'd appreciate if you two could finish that up.

Tom, you and I need to get together about which of the Barsoom units still need to be made - it is a finite number, thankfully. That doesn't mean that other unit makers should sit back: go to the Units Request Post and the Master Units List and see what you can fill in. Here's a roadmap: all of the Ork units in the Barsoom units list need to be replaced with Thark units, all of the four-or two-legged beasts shown have to be replaced with their respective Barsoomian equivalents.

And we need two leaderheads: a Cthulhu for the Vrilya, and a Pterodactyl for the Mahar.

In the meantime, the King and Blue and I will sort out what we can do with the forum and the BIQ in the wake of my computer crash, which wiped everything I'd done since last summer. On the gripping side (as KA would say), for better or worse, that's not a whole lot of shift - mostly, we have to re-eliminate the spell units and add in everything that's been made since then.

I still haven't been able to fix the problems I was having getting the settler animations to work, but I should be able to get on the other unit soon.

A popular uprising, eh? Hasn't the King treated you well? Have you not been fed enough; or granted enough freedom? Have we not posted all of the elements of this mod online for you to use? HOW DARE YOU!!
He's a Septic fan, we're at loggerheads by definition. Even if he does have an orange avatar…
Balthasar said:
Actually I don't mind that much; popular uprisings usually have a valid point at their core, and this one is no exception. Carpe Diem. This mod has been a long time in development, and I, in particular, haven't been holding up my end of it very well. We do need a re-configuration of responsibility if we're to have a happy kingdom, and I'm prepared to make significant concessions, with the following caveat: this will remain a monarchy and King Arthur will retain his throne, which is only fair, since this whole kingdom was his idea in the first place.

But if you're going to be little hotheads, you have to also assume some responsibility - I'm looking at you, Takhisis - you've just volunteered yourself for duty.
What do I have to do, your Lordship?
Balthasar said:
So here's what's going to happen now: we're revamping this whole forum, and there will be a separate thread about the progress of the Lost Worlds mod. Some previous discussions regarding this will be ported over from other threads, and occupy the first few posts of that thread. Expect this within the next 24 hrs or so.

And everyone who wanted this thread will have to participate, if we're going to succeed at this task:

Takhisis, you and Blue were working on making cities; that project seems to have stalled in the planning stages. I'd appreciate if you two could finish that up.

Tom, you and I need to get together about which of the Barsoom units still need to be made - it is a finite number, thankfully. That doesn't mean that other unit makers should sit back: go to the Units Request Post and the Master Units List and see what you can fill in. Here's a roadmap: all of the Ork units in the Barsoom units list need to be replaced with Thark units, all of the four-or two-legged beasts shown have to be replaced with their respective Barsoomian equivalents.
We were working on cities, BM started getting delayed 'cos of RL, and I myself simply can't stay up at night doing stuff like I did until December because of the blasted heat (we're going through a heatwave, today I nearly fainted). Unfortunately I don't have an AC device/artifact.
Balthasar said:
And we need two leaderheads: a Cthulhu for the Vrilya, and a Pterodactyl for the Mahar.
Solved!
Spoiler :

Balthasar said:
In the meantime, the King and Blue and I will sort out what we can do with the forum and the BIQ in the wake of my computer crash, which wiped everything I'd done since last summer. On the gripping side (as KA would say), for better or worse, that's not a whole lot of shift - mostly, we have to re-eliminate the spell units and add in everything that's been made since then.
Thank God for backups…

that second pic would make one freaky leaderhead... where'd you get it?

I just typed 'Cthulhu' into tvtropes' search page and started looking at the pics.

(click to access)

lolz

or perhaps lulz, which was what I experienced 30 mns ago watching Josh Francheschi interview Hayley Williams for Kerrang! and discovering from this that Metro Station no longer exist (so I'm 6 months behind the times... but that's because i really don't care about Metro Station...)

I like that Cthulhu for the Vrilya leaderhead, Takhisis!

Tom, you and I need to get together about which of the Barsoom units still need to be made - it is a finite number, thankfully. That doesn't mean that other unit makers should sit back: go to the Units Request Post and the Master Units List and see what you can fill in.

Yes your majesty! :bowdown: May I bring you a bottle of Chateau Lafite also?

I'll try to get some done this weekend. :)

Good news! I've finally found where the stack of John Carter books (and the Mastermind of mMars, etc. etc.) are, so extensive procrastination research shall commence!
Edit:
I like that Cthulhu for the Vrilya leaderhead, Takhisis!
It's from deviantart, I assume someone should ask the creator if the picture is to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom