Are any FFH leaders druids?

akatosh

Prince
I'm starting a playthrough of Icewind Dale EE, and I'm building my party with leaders from FFH since a lot of the FFH portraits are from Icewind Dale to begin with. I'm putting together my party and I think I want to use a fighter/druid of some kind, but I'm not sure which character from FFH would be appropriate. Here's who I have so far:

Capria - LG Paladin (undead hunter)
Arendel Phaedra - NG ranger/cleric (changed race to elf using EEkeeper)
Amelanchier - CG ranger (archer)
Falamar - CG fighter/thief (swashbuckler, using EEkeeper)
Shekinah - NG bard (skald... figured Shekinah would be appropriate for a 2e bard, since she's Arcane/Creative and bards use arcane spells and songs)

Could potentially change Falamar and Shekinah's alignments to neutral.

There's a bunch of other portraits, including Auric Ulvin, Tasunke, Jonas Endain, all four of the dwarves, Os-Gabella, and many others. Not sure who would be an appropriate druid, though.

if by druid you mean magical user linked to nature, thessa would be my choice, even if it's not the best fit. Natane from the Chislev in FF could work too, in a more shamanic way though.

if by druid you mean magical user linked to nature, thessa would be my choice, even if it's not the best fit. Natane from the Chislev in FF could work too, in a more shamanic way though.

That's a good idea. I just read her Wiki entry, and it references her making oak trees grow and being willing to kill her husband to heal a forest. That's pretty druid-y stuff :/

Thessa is an archmage, but the line between arcane and druidic magic is not firm in Erebus.

Technically the Druids are an order founded as the priesthood of Sucellus, before the God of Nature was slain and resurrected as the God of Life. Their predia entry calls them "the mages of nature and bringers of life," which may imply that the source of their magic is arcane rather than divine.

Auric Ulvin's first lesson in sorcery came from Talia (the Ljosalfar woman who later became Varn Gossam's wife). She introduced herself as a druidess, but the term confused him so she clarified by saying she was a witch. She also said she was considered a magical prodigy by her people, yet it took her months to learn as much as Auric mastered in a couple hours. The sort of magic she had him practice did not seem particularly nature related, but perhaps there is some druidic flair in her statements like "There is a song in all things. It may not scream as loud as Waldrun’s staff or Tarch’s Tower, but it is there if you listen closely enough."

I believe Talia Gossam is the only Druid character for whom we have any real background.

Yvain used to be a Druid Woodelf, but Kael chaned him to a Treant. I prefer him as a Satyr druid, but even so he has a less flushed out backstory than Talia and is probably too old and powerful to be an interesting player character.

I believe the only other Druid ever mentioned by name is Yu Po, who is only known as the source of the quote for the Vitalize spell in the pedia.

Talia is not a leader or a hero, but she does have artwork from a popup from the Wages of Sin scenario. I don't think that picture is particularly fitting though, as she looks rather pale and lithe in it whereas The Ashes of Brigdarrow describes her as deeply tan and very voluptuous for an elf.

Top Bottom