Are dogs better than people?

Which would you save from death? A dog or a convicted child molester/murderer

• Total voters
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14369871

Okay the dog stayed with the 2 year old all night, but most likely he wouldn't have died anyways. It didn't get that cold overnight. Nevertheless it's the intent what counts. And it's a recent news story that highlights how great dogs are. There are many instances of dogs saving humans.

A quick google search brings up this link. I dare you to read this without a few tears welling up. http://www.dogguide.net/25-hero-dogs.php

One of those dogs even called 911 on a phone. That's better than some humans would do. In summary dogs>some people>cats. :D

So here's a scenario. You see a human and a dog in a burning building, and you know you only have time to save one of them. The human is a known convicted child molester and murderer, and the dog is just a regular dog. Which would you save?

I book it. If the dog is worth saving, it'll know to get out.

Humans are human. Dogs are food. I'd save the human and eat the dog.

There's a convincing argument that it might not be worth the risk heading into a burning building for either, I don't think the hypothetical in the OP lays that out clearly enough but it's most realistic. Get yourself out, and going back in unless you're trained/a professional with a job to do to save an animal (or, well, a child molester of course) is probably not worth it.

Neither, I'm not a fireman. I'm not going to kill myself.

So here's a scenario. You see a human and a dog in a burning building, and you know you only have time to save one of them. The human is a known convicted child molester and murderer, and the dog is just a regular dog. Which would you save?

Or does your hypothetical assume that not only do I have ample time, but I am guaranteed success if I attempt to rescue one?

If it was just human or dog I could think of a decent answer, but having the human as a convicted child molester/murderer makes the poll entirely one sided unless you really hate dogs. I'm not a huge fan of dogs personally.

yes to thread title, but i would save neither.

So this is on the assumption that we know the human is a child molester/murderer? If that were the case I'd save him and get him put in prison, death is too easy an escape! Or has he already 'done time?' I'm surprised he ever got out if he has. (sorry to complicate things!).

Neither. It's a child molester and a perfectly intelligent animal, come on. ;)

Top Bottom