1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are negative opinions of Civ6 allowed here?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Horizons, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Gub

Gub Chieftain

I am not sure what any of this has todo with the topic.. Although I would note that I am not fan of all the kickstarter like models, i feel that is very exploitative of a certain type of people. I haven't played Planet Coaster, but assuming that it is as good management game as its predecessor (and not just pretty ) i might pick it up later on Steam sale.

@Gorbles its called confirmation bias i.e. nitpicking negatives to validate how they feel..

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. kamex

kamex Emperor

Having played both games, I'd say there's more 'content' in Frontiers free update, than in both of Civ VI dlc packs combined. Also, it came out sooner, gave fans what they wanted (the community voted ride), oh and did I mention, its free!?

God of Kings likes this.
  3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

You keep talking about how it's free, when if Firaxis or <insert any other developer whose forums I frequent that have detractors> release free updates, it's "stuff that should've been in the base game".

There's a way to spin anything, you see. The baseline is whether you personally like it or not, which dictates your agenda when posting about it to phrase it as such.

c4c6 likes this.
  4. DizzKneeLand33

DizzKneeLand33 Fall from Heaven 2 still rocks

So, I guess the answer to the OP is "no" after seeing the continuous attacks of Gorbles on anyone who has a different opinion. Nuff said.

Ryika, Zuizgond and Lewi11 like this.
  5. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Yeah, right, all mathematics textbooks are just collections of "opinions". :crazyeye:

6. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Even mathematics textbooks have "answer may vary" in the answer key, but they are mainly in problem-solving exercises.

7. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Hahaha. Are these Kansas Board of Education approved "textbooks"?

8. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

9. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Nobody should be concerned about negative opinions of the game. They are essential.

But opinions that predict the imminent death of Firaxis, or ones that claim to know
    what Firaxis devs are thinking, or that Firaxis have your money now and don't care
    what you think... they deserve the same ridicule reserved for astrologists, rabid calculators
    of the Rapture, and economists.

10. ThunderLizard2

ThunderLizard2 Warlord

Negative opinions abound here on the forum - the question is will they result in anything productive being done. There were tons of "negative" posts for Civ 5, especially the AI, but the Civ 6 AI is even worse. Complain away but to what effect?

11. Freesmog

Freesmog Skeptic1938222569

To no effect, however we get to express our opinions, so I guess that's something.

12. Dale

Dale Deity

Yes, you are allowed a negative personal opinion. However, one thing seen all the time on this forum, and any other fan forum, which should NOT be allowed, is projecting your personal opinion onto others. You did this as you defined a universal absolute that the game "is both rubbish and bordering on faulty in its current state".

When expressing one's opinion, you MUST keep in mind that some people like the game and some people don't like the game. And within those two groups, people will like different things to others, and not like different things to others.

Example:
    1. You don't like Civ6, yet Gorbles obviously likes Civ6.
    2. You don't like Civ6 because the game "is both rubbish and bordering on faulty" whilst I don't like Civ6 because the AI is incompetent in combat and diplomacy is utterly useless.

Gorbles, c4c6 and whyidie like this.
  13. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

...and there's some who like some aspects of Civ VI and dislike other aspects of Civ VI.

14. Dale

Dale Deity

Agreed!

I love all aspects of Civ6 EXCEPT FOR the aforementioned AI combat and diplomacy. :)

15. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Of course you are, this isn't reddit after all.

16. ThERat

ThERat Deity

You can judge by the traffic and amount of discussion and actual game play, how a game is doing. I can sense that discussions about Civ6 will continue to dwindle (everything has been said about it by now) until a new patch is released.

17. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

The better question should be "Is there any negative human events or decisions from history allowed in the Civilization series anymore?"

No slavery mechanic, no wonder destruction, no pollution, even a lack of a pig resource to avoid offending muslims - this game series is becoming a heavily sanitized cartoon TV-Y version farce of a representation of building a civilization.

18. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

I don't think a lack of pollution is down to the conservative buzzphrase of "political correctness". The same goes for Wonder destruction.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  19. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

Would you like to address the entire post or was it just your goal to be the first to make sure everyone knew your opinion on how silly anyone who criticizes PC (which was not even mentioned) is?

Lewi11 likes this.
  20. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

The question, much like the OP, is self-evident. You can kill swathes of enemy units without a care in the world and no reprisal beyond a managed War Weariness system. You can raze Cities and remove entire factions from the game.

I selected two of your more silly examples (i.e. ones that aren't heavily politicised and won't drag the thread down another tangent) to highlight exactly how silly your perception of "over-sanitisation" was (which is definitely a pseudonym for political correctness; the proverbial dog whistle there was your flagrant use of blaming Muslims despite pork being banned r.e. creature of cloven hoof in the Jewish faith as well).

God of Kings likes this.