Are People already drifting away from Civ VI?

Are People already drifting away from Civ VI?

• Total voters
No going back to Civ 5 for me. I tried a game shortly after the narrator died, for old times sake, but never got close to finishing. I might be tempted to play more if I had Vox Populi, but that mod seems to need all the dlc which I don't have. Still enjoying Civ 6 after a 3 month break. It's good to take a break from the game.

I am having a break from Civ 6, and trying Civ 5 now.

The ideologies and world congress are fun, there is some nice city-state interaction too, but though some things are worse compared to 6. A.i. is even worse with handling 1upt in Civ 5!

I think after a month or two I launch Civ 6 again.

Humankind has been collecting dust in my game library and the discussion forum for it here is dead.

What I really look forward is Civ 7 announcement.

Humankind has been collecting dust in my game library and the discussion forum for it here is dead.

I gave it another go after the patch, but I definitely think its problems are a little too fundamental to fix... I'm definitely glad I played it though, it had lots of good ideas, I hope Civ 7 and other 4x games pick up some of them...

Check the steamcharts: still hitting 37k peak players, which is as strong as it's ever been outside of new content drops.

Yes, the forums are less busy. There is not much to say about the game that has not been said at some point in the past five years. But I still come back to it two or three times a year, and Civ on Switch has become my #1 way to make long flights zip by.

It's different from both. :) It has complex mechanics that are consistent with each other, like IV. It also has a form of 1UPT. It's definitely worth checking!
Also a gorgeous soundtrack by Christopher Tin.

I drifted away for about a month, drifted back for a couple days, but then a Steam sale hit.

Same.

Started way back with original Civ but missed a few versions. Yeah, 10 or 12 years worth haha.

Amazed at all the new detail and pretty impressed.

I may take a hiatus for 10-12 years after the Civ VI experience. Really feels like Firaxis left this one in the ditch without a world to their player base. No updates since April and no sign of one anytime soon.

I may take a hiatus for 10-12 years after the Civ VI experience. Really feels like Firaxis left this one in the ditch without a world to their player base. No updates since April and no sign of one anytime soon.
This is definitely my least favorite part.

Had a small break from Civ 6 and reinstalled Civ 5. Aftet few weeks I had to return to 6.

Civ 5 just felt too streamlined and simple (even though its a classic game too) and the a.i. is too easy to decimate with ranged units.

Civ 6 is just such a great game, still find cool things to do and try. I also look forward to Civ 7 and a possible patch for 6! (Firaxis guys had asked to keep bug reports coming so they are up to something..)

Because of a big sale, I have finally gifted a copy of Civ VI Anthology to a friend. I also find myself playing again after I got exhausted with AC Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Planet Zoo, and JWE2.

This part of the forum feels abandoned. Or am I just imagining things?

This part of the forum feels abandoned. Or am I just imagining things?

Without news of a new patch/future dlc/release of the dll, I imagine most people are pretty talked out about the game.

I still play a little when I have a nice weekend to blow through a game, or if I wander onto the workshop and find a cool mod.

Top Bottom