1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Designers creating a game, or a Civilization game?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Toadman2, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadman2

Toadman2 Chieftain

Why do I get he fealing the designers are making a game by simply adding concepts , wonders, Civ abilities that balance the game but have no significant historical basis or reality? In other words they are making up crap!

I am getting the impression that Civ games would be better if all the civ abilties were open to everyone. They should be achievements based on your strategy. For example the Babylonian Bowman Enhancement should be awarded after achieving some scale of archery production, maybe victories with bowman, or some other relatively hard a milestone. And they should be referenced with some name such Amaerican Bowman(Babylonian Bowman) as a reference. Once this is achieved it would be locked out for no other to get.

In other words Civ abilities are open to all but only to one. THAT"S REAL Civilization, kinda like the old board game which it was based. Cumulating them gets morecostly for each one you get, so achieving too many will make later ones more difficult, or maybe each era starts the CIv ability race over again.

I am kinda getting tired of picking civilations based on my game play or style, and if you don't play to the strengths you are pretty much shot.

Obviously this will never happen the game is too far ahead, or drastically different than this, but it's just a thought.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

:rolleyes:

Yes, we should just remove all civilizations and have a single generic leader and a generic civilization with generic city names. No flavor. no diversity.

3. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: Rants thread is thataway. There is a lack of discussion value in the OP here; just a rant. So closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.