1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are those marines carrying .... AKs?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Red Door, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

As a former soldier I would contend that they do jam way too often.

As to the unit, I can't wait for a 'fixed' graphic so that they have M16A1s that would fit their 'Nam era uniform.

2. AER

AER Chieftain

Actually, this may have been the intent. If you are trying to make a generic marine that could be from any civilization, wouldn't you want to combine the features of well-known historical representations of the unit? If they made a unit with an M16, it would look just like the American marines. If they slapped a Soviet-style uniform on the unit, and kept the AK-47, then it would be a Soviet (or Russian :)) unit. This way, they get a generic unit representing a particular style or type of unit from an age in history (And the US still gets some credit, with their SEAL unit.)

Then again, I am probably giving them too much credit.

3. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Naturally, everything has to be American in the game, right? AK's are inferior, other nation's Marine Corps sucks etc. Bah, what a fuzz because something isn't American.

4. DaveDash

DaveDash Chieftain

Im not American, and I never will be, yet I think this post is the lamest ive read in this forum all month.

Was this even nessesary? If you read 90% of Americans who post here, they dont really care whether its THEIR marine or anyone elses.

5. Undertaker798

Undertaker798 I studied on killin' you!

This discussion on marines and ak's was closed on another thread.

6. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.