Are we the supreme?

Also would you sacrifice 4 million rabbits for your mother? If you had to kill 4 million rabbits to keep your mother alive would you?
Don't be silly. My mother couldn't possibly eat 4 million rabbits. :p

Well, most people would regard killing rabbits as a service. The simple fact is we have to kill them in huge numbers to maintain natural balance, since we wiped out all their natural predators.

Perhaps a better question is would you render the adorable red panda extinct for your mother? I would regard myself as having a responsibility not to, and that would determine my actions. However my pesonal opinion would be very clouded.

Perhaps a better question is would you render the adorable red panda extinct for your mother? I would regard myself as having a responsibility not to, and that would determine my actions. However my pesonal opinion would be very clouded.

For saving the life of my mother ? If i could , certainly. For the entertainment of my mother ? No. But such need will not rise because she is not insane. If she was insane then i would be insane to obey to such request. Is it a matter of pity or is it a matter of logic ?

For saving the life of my mother ? If i could , certainly. For the entertainment of my mother ? No. But such need will not rise because she is not insane. If she was insane then i would be insane to obey to such request. Is it a matter of pity or is it a matter of logic ?

A matter of pity.

Answer to OP = No

Pure hubris. We're having our moment in the sun. If we cannot come into a homeostasis with our environment eventually our environment will eliminate or marginalize us. This is already occurring to some extent though the signs are too subtle for most to pay much heed.

Animals live and participate in the environment to which they are introduced. Humans on the other hand, have created a new environment which suits their needs and modify it at will. From that single view point one could assume that we are superior, for we control or at least significantly modify the enivronment at will, on a global scale.

The fact that we are superior, doesn't necessarily neglect the value of animal life.

We are supreme because we have a larger mental capability. Yes, yes we are better.

That's God's favourite, he's terribly fond of beetles.

The most evolved life-form is the bacteria. You can find a bacteria for anything

Top Bottom