Are work boats too good at exploring?

Fish can be only in coastal water.
Ok, my mistake.

However, limiting WB just to coastal still doesn't solve the problem of them having possibility of exploring whole eurasia + africa for example (until border blocks them). I'm strictly against that (it gives unfair advantage against AI ;)) and to be honest, I wouldn't mind limiting WB to just staying in own territory. This would be the best representation of WB being fishermen, who sail to certain location from the city every day.

I wouldn't mind limiting WB to just staying in own territory. This would be the best representation of WB being fishermen, who sail to certain location from the city every day.
Stops me from building a work boat in my capital to send to other cities.

I think if it lost 1 sight, couldn't enter ocean (until a certain tech because oil does appear on ocean), and barbarians attacked it, it would be more than enough to stop the scouting gimmick

Stops me from building a work boat in my capital to send to other cities.

I think if it lost 1 sight, couldn't enter ocean (until a certain tech because oil does appear on ocean), and barbarians attacked it, it would be more than enough to stop the scouting gimmick
Do you really think it needs all of those changes? I just see it not being able to enter ocean making sending a workboat from your capital to your other cities impossible in some cases for no benefit.

I can see losing the sight being enough and even making barbs attack it, but ocean seems like overkill for negative gameplay benefit.

Do you really think it needs all of those changes? I just see it not being able to enter ocean making sending a workboat from your capital to your other cities impossible in some cases for no benefit.

I can see losing the sight being enough and even making barbs attack it, but ocean seems like overkill for negative gameplay benefit.
With -1 sight its tough to cross ocean, you are probably right

Top Bottom