Are Yor Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Did you spell "you" wrong on purpose in the thread title?

;)

I've not seen it, but it sounds like an interesting twist on the Jeopardy! idea of how much you know.

I do watch Jeopardy! from time to time; it seems more interesting to me. And I really shouldn't comment, not having seen this particular show, but it seems the newer shows are all smoke and mirrors over content.

I thought yesterdays episode was especially odd...

For the 500,000 dollar question:
Who did England fight during the 100 years war?

She immediatly discarded France, then Italy, then Russia, and went with Spain.

I mean France..... England's most hated enemy, discarded like a mere pawn! In her defense she claims that France was in no shape or power to hold off England for that long.

Well, how do you account for 1066 and William the Conqueror?

Norman, and only nominally french. Besides, the Normans went to war with the Saxons, not the English.

As already said, those were norsemen with a veneer of french, secondly I was talking about specifically about the 100 years war.

Rofl. William the Conqueror was from Normandy, France.

If 5th graders know mathematics above a basic understanding of Algebra, then no. :)

Rofl. William the Conqueror was from Normandy, France.

Which had been given to the Norse raider not that much earlier, and a deceleration of war by one nation on another requires that the king (or head of state for that matter) stand behind it. William was a renegade Duke, nominally under the French, who invaded England and had himself crowed king.

I am well aware that the Normans came from Normandy, by the way.

Normandy As in Norse. They spoke french with the kind of accent that would cause the royal court to break into tears, and that was about it. And again, ages before the 100 years war

Which had been given to the Norse raider not that much earlier, and a deceleration of war by one nation on another requires that the king (or head of state for that matter) stand behind it. William was a renegade Duke, nominally under the French, who invaded England and had himself crowed king.

I am well aware that the Normans came from Normandy, by the way.

William the Conquerors family had lived in France for over 5 generations (maybe more) and intermarried with the French as well. He was far more French than Norse.

William the Conquerors family had lived in France for over 5 generations (maybe more) and intermarried with the French as well. He was far more French than Norse.

That does not change the fact that he was not acting under the French, he was a rouge Duke, not acting on behalf of the French king.

Did you spell "you" wrong on purpose in the thread title?

;)

I've not seen it, but it sounds like an interesting twist on the Jeopardy! idea of how much you know.

I do watch Jeopardy! from time to time; it seems more interesting to me. And I really shouldn't comment, not having seen this particular show, but it seems the newer shows are all smoke and mirrors over content.

See, someone DID get the joke :lol:

I thought yesterdays episode was especially odd...

For the 500,000 dollar question:
Who did England fight during the 100 years war?

She immediatly discarded France, then Italy, then Russia, and went with Spain.

I mean France..... England's most hated enemy, discarded like a mere pawn! In her defense she claims that France was in no shape or power to hold off England for that long.

LMAO, that was the episode I was watching yesterday I was literally SCREAMING at the TV, saying FRANCE!!!!! She said Spain, please don't have children people who said spain.

It is the stupidest show I have ever seen. No real fifth grader knows any of the questions. Its such bull.

Top Bottom