Are you a Warmonger or a Builder?

Are you more of a warmonger or a builder type?

• I am nearly always at war, only pausing for building necessary infrastructure

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • I am going for war and as soon as I have fortified and build some buildings in new cities I go on wa

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • I like to build great cities with superb infrastructure before I think of going to war

Votes: 59 52.7%
  • My cities are the envy of every other nation, I only build the military necessary to protect my citi

Votes: 16 14.3%

• Total voters

Longasc

Deity
Hi fellow civ players,

as I awakened today I felt the urgent need to make a poll about something that has probably been asked over and over again.

This time not about Favorite Civ/UU, but about PLAYSTYLE.

There are basically two Styles: Warmonger and Builder.

Warmonger: I like to conquer by military means.
Builder: My greatest joy is building infrastructure and city improvements for my people to thrive.

Most players are middle of the road of course, but what do you consider yourself more? Being more the warmonger or more of a builder type, not necessarily going for Conquest and Domination most of the time.

So there is no 50:50 option, only 2 degrees of warmonger and 2 of builder.

I am really interested about the results! :)

70% warmonger to 30% builder...approx.

Ision

I build up until I get knights, then I go to war! I'm a fairly pure warmonger. ^_^ Cavalry and tanks are very sexy after I get em. ^_^

I prefer to have a nicely built empire.. nicely built up cities before i head into conquests.

Its extremely hard for me to not go to war in games because i feel the need to bring peace to all of the lands under the curtain of my empire. Or i just see weak empires i could absorb and prefer to take them before they are stupid enough to wage war against somone larger then themselves.

All shall be crushed under the gladius of roman power!

I Never Warmonger. My Cultrul is bigger than all the others combined. My cities have 65% of all wonders (Or more). I like peace it is fun.

But sometimes when my island is so small and i am with another nation i just have to go and kill them. If my enemy is able to get a foot holed in there country then it will be easier for them to send lots of troops into my territory.

before Tanks: here let me help you with that. a military alliance? oh, no, but thank you

After/during tanks: oh, you won't giveme all your gold, cities, and techs? WAR!!!!!! ooops, looks like i accidently crushed the head of your last citizen, hey India, have i told you the safety of your country is important, in fact it can be secured for a mere....

War-mongerer. I like to beat up the AI. Probably option 1.

Builder, only time i war is if i have to or because some puny island nation has a monopoly on a resource

Fourth option... call me Bob the Builder. :cool: 99% of all wars started by me are just about getting a specific resource and over once I have it secured.
But I'm trying to force myself to play more warmonger-like, just to learn about it improve my overall performance.

i first build and get a great army and then blitzkreig through their whole civilization and the war ends before war weariness sets in horribly

Generally 70 builder, 30 warmonger...
But it depends from the civ, with Germany i build up a great infrastucture than i go with war with panzers.
And I think the best features in the game are the wonder splashes :) and i always want to see all of them! :)

Build up until industrial era, with tech lead and crush my enemies with massive armies of tanks.

Ancient era (Mass Expansion) - Middle Ages (Culture and commerce boosting improvements) - Early Industrial Era ( Factories) - Late Industrial to Modern (Mass Tanks)

Top Bottom