1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Paul in Saudi, Jun 26, 2019.

?

Will You Watch?

1. No

2. Yes, Live

3. Yes, afterwards

4. I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Narz

Narz keeping it real

CNN... just going for drama, embarrassing

Ironsided, hobbsyoyo and bernie14 like this.
  2. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

It was a pretty obvious lie by Warren - I mean, when even morning Joe of the jungle sees through your lie, you are thick.

3. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

The whole Warren/Sanders thing is such a beat up and distraction, but also an unforced error from Warren (she may have won the debate but lost the war, with Biden benefiting the most). It's so patently obvious that there is just a misunderstanding about what was said by Sanders, though I've seen a lot of hardcore Sanders supporters take it way too far, as if the most milquetoast accusation that he thought sexism might prevent a woman from beating Trump makes Warren the antichrist of the month. I'm barely sure that even qualifies as an accusation - it could be a compliment as to his awareness of the enormity of social problems? The two opposing the narratives I think the media want to spin - that Sanders may be a sexist, or that Warren may be completely lying - are both so farfetched as to be barely worth entertaining - does anyone seriously think Sanders is sexist, or that Warren is flat out making it up? Yet it allows Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar to skate by without a scratch.

Sommerswerd and hobbsyoyo like this.
  4. Kyriakos

^I am not sure how you can speak, when you claimed that Sanders' supporters are reptilian squid. What do you mean that wasn't what you actually meant? Can a statement really ever be made up and still allow for your view? :p

5. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I'm not sure I understand your question, but it's pretty clear Sanders and Warren had a conversation where Sanders said something along the lines of "one of the factors which led to Hillary losing was sexism, and no doubt that will rear its ugly head in 2020 if another woman is running". He raises a good point, and it's a problem that Warren is known to have been facing - she is seen as less 'electable', in part because she is a woman and there is fear of a 2016 repeat. So Warren wants to confront the challenge caused by that truth.

But hey, I guess Warren daring to suggest that Sanders is aware that sexism exists is certainly a higher priority for some than Biden voting for the Iraq War or Buttigieg being a friend to big corporations.

Sommerswerd and hobbsyoyo like this.
  6. Kyriakos

I'd go on a limb and suspect you don't actually believe that is what Warren said. If it was, why the drama-queen stuff with refusing to shake sexist Bernie's hand?
    Warren seems to be tone-deaf and thought she would increase her chances of winning by smearing Bern - the timing is rather making this obvious.

7. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

She said/he said/blah-blah-blah. Who cares what Bernie said?.The question is: If elected, who will give Americans [including. me] a better life?

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  8. Kyriakos

Werewarren.

9. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

CivFanatics covers all my needs for American politics, and more.
    Guess i could find it amusing when Dems fight among each other, while Trump will sail towards 4 more years of madness, but at some point this mess also becomes boring.

10. Ironsided

Ironsided Flower of happiness

It is looking more likely Trump will win another four years. But at least the DNC spin doctors will have a helluva lot harder accusing Bernie of splitting the party. Bernie wanted to shake her hand after the debate even when he was the one wronged. Warren wanted none of that “party unity”.

11. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

12. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I just missed Warren's opening statement, but five minutes of watching it is clear things are super spicey!

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  13. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

The knives are out for sure.

14. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

NBC's picture is black. :thumbsdown:

15. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

This debate sucks... but it has exposed Bloomberg, so that's nice.

Imaus and Ajidica like this.
  16. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Their livestream crashed before it went live. I am able to pick it up over the air at least, I missed the first 5 minutes trying to start the livestream.

17. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

@Sommerswerd yeah, it's disappointing me. Way too much talking over each other and everyone is getting cranky, especially The Klob and Warren. The Booty-judge is being particularly ratlike.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  18. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

The moderators are not doing anything to reign them in as they all talk over each other and run long. It's frustrating. I don't think they're actively egging them on though.

Warren just reminded Bloomberg that she's a lawyer...dayum she is tearing him down

Sommerswerd likes this.
  19. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Oh my gawd, Warren is GORING Bloomberg.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  20. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

And then Biden landed the tag-up. This is BAD for Bloomberg