Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Will You Watch?

• No

• Yes, Live

• Yes, afterwards

• I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh my gawd, Warren is GORING Bloomberg.
Wonder if she is going to be the Chris Christie in this election.* Take the 2nd place candidate down at the cost of their own campaign.

*In 2016 Christie ripped Marco Rubio so badly Rubio was getting booed for attacking Obama at a GOP debate.

EDIT: Ooooh, Booty-judge just mansplained hard on The Klob. She isn't taking any of that.
EDIT2: And now Biden jumps in like Incoherent Grandpa "I'm the only one who has met [the Mexican President]! I've spent more time in Mexico than any of you!"

EDIT3:
Pete Rat Cheese.png

Last edited:
I keep saying she's a fighter man. I think she'd own Trump pretty handily in a way that Hillary couldn't.

"Are you mocking me Pete?"
Damn Klobuchar really showed how much of a jerk he's being tonight. And she's way over time but the mods don't care.

Well that debate was trash for substance but really highlighted differences in temperament. Bloomberg had a pretty awful start and really got hammered by everyone. Buttigieg really veered into Eric Swalwell territory of unlikableness with his constant, ugly attacks. Klobuchar looked sympathetic, tough and confident. Warren had a great night. Sanders did pretty well but didn't have many stellar moments. Biden was just lame and sounded confused like usual. He wasn't as mad as he usually is, I'll give him that.

The moderation was consistently crap all night though. Time limits meant nothing and they gave Warren way too much time imo.

It also annoys me that all the candidates all raise their hands and wag their fingers for attention all the time.

They should all get 5 minutes, two times. Much simpler & cleaner. Treating presidential candidates like school-kids is stupid.
Ideally I'd stick them all in a room for a couple hours with a skilled moderator and let them have at it.

Or just Thunderdome it.

Last edited:
The stream I was watching kept cutting out and needing to me reloaded, so I missed a lot of it. What I did see though looked like a possible end of Bloomberg's hopes. Warren did really well, although there were times I really disagreed with her. Bernie's performance was a close second. Even Biden landed some good blows against Bloomberg and was overall better than expected. The only good things about Buttigieg and Klobuchar were there attacks on each other, but I wish they both attacked each other even harder. I honestly can't see Klobuchar staying in the race too much longer. I did not find her sympathetic at all. She clearly is stupid and deserves to be mocked more. She did better than Bloomberg, but lacks the wealth to fund protracted masochism.

I honestly can't see Klobuchar staying in the race too much longer. I did not find her sympathetic at all. She clearly is stupid and deserves to be mocked more.
Errr, what?
She's been a pretty good senator for Minnesota and most certainly is not stupid.

EDIT: Found the Thick of It clip that parts of Bloomberg getting piled on reminded me of:
(Skip to 0:50.)

Raucous and highly entertaining.

Bloomberg was a disaster. So much baggage and paralyzed with irritation or embarrassment. Getting wrecked by Warren and only manages to sputter something to the effect of "binders full of women." Later on - Trumpian bragging about how complicated his tax returns are, but without Trump's panache it's cringe. And his closing remarks: "it's a management job!" Real inspiring stuff there, Bloomer.

Whatever was going on with Klob, Pete, Mexico, and whatever else they were quibbling about was dumb. But funny.

Pete was douchey all night, attacking Sanders over his Twitterati trolls, picking fights with Amy over Mexico, etc. She looked like she wanted to chuck her legal pad at him like he's one of her staffers. I did laugh out loud at his "we need someone who's actually a Democrat" joke though.

Warren was great. Bernie was solid.

Last edited:
The post-debate of CNN was unanimous: Bloomberg was not prepared, crashed & burned. :eek:

Former candidate/new commentator Andrew Yang had a shocking prediction: after Nevada and South Carolina, the only candidates with enough money for sufficient media buys for super Tuesday, will be Bernie & Bloomberg. :high5:

They got on the subject of job creation and Bloomy asked if anyone else on stage started a business, dead silence. Its funny watching pontificating politicians lecture him about creating jobs.

I haven't watched previous debates but there were no questions on foreign policy... The most important power in the WH and nobody asks contenders what they will do about the numerous wars we're in.

Klob - I've been in the arena

Last edited:
It was a terrible idea – and like most of DNCs terrible ideas it backfired spectacularly on them.

Only seen a few summaries but Warren was brilliant in that opening statement about Bloomberg. That’s what we want to see from Warren. From the heart – you oligarchs have had fifty years of free reign and fudged up the world for ordinary people; take a seat you misogynist pig, we will not replace one arrogant billionaire with another! That first blow on “Bloomy” (there is nothing -y about him) calling women fat broads and horse-faced lesbians was brilliantly to the point; how is that “Trump lite” not going to supress the democratic base? He makes handsy uncle Joe look like a sweetheart.

With Bloomberg – Trump wins 100%. I don’t think Warren would win that kind of exchange as easily against Trump, but it was sweet to see her stump the fool. I don’t think he understood what hit him. Bloomberg has ridden in a private lane, on a gentle downhill slope, wind in his back, people kissing his ass for most of his life. Trump by virtue of being the six-time bankruptcy clown he is at least had to adapt and learned to cope with adversity in his own special way. “Bloomy” is just an empty smelly suit buying support. If I had any better faith in Americans, I would write him off completely after that debate.

Is there any way to watch these debates without having to listen to them talk about their actual policy goals? I want to see the fights and who loses their cool the worst.
that was basically this debate.

Klobuchar lost her cool so hard. Bloomberg got wrecked. Warren killed it. Bernie was solid. Pete and Joe were alright.

that was basically this debate.

Klobuchar lost her cool so hard. Bloomberg got wrecked. Warren killed it. Bernie was solid. Pete and Joe were alright.
Crap, I suppose I’ll have to go watch the whole thing. I just wanted a meltdown compilation, but it sounds like the whole thing was pretty close to one.

Klobuchar was sympathetic because of how needlessly aggressive Pete was. I'm not saying she swatted him down as handily as Warren but I think she came out of those exchanges looking good at Pete's expense. Pete's always been a blowhard in these debates but tonight he tried to go for the kill shot to bump her out of his lane and it just didn't work. It's not just what he said but also his tone, he came off as quite a nasty dude. Really he channeled Eric Swalwell last night, I'm serious. Not quite as cringey as Eric was in that first debate (Step aside Joe. Step Aside. Step down Joe. Step Aside), but still pretty cringey.

@pauli,
what on earth was appealing about Bloomberg before the debate? I mean you got Trump there already, vote for him. What election would it be to have two rich, despicable people to choose from?

Top Bottom