1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Paul in Saudi, Jun 26, 2019.

?

Will You Watch?

1. No

2. Yes, Live

3. Yes, afterwards

4. I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

He made a good point last night about systemic racism in the finance world, definitely would be a strong topic for Steyer continuing to have a political presence after dropping out.

2. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Yea luckily I'm not actually running so, although calling Trump supporters dumb is still A) fun and B) accurate . . .so

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

If I were to back anyone in the primary strictly based on their stated policies and beliefs and known character it would be Steyer. Yes, the dude is staggeringly wealthy. Unlike D'ump that wealth wasn't inherited. It came from building a company, which when he had had enough of running he sold it off to make his wealth liquid, gave each of his kids a substantial working stake and told them if they wanted to be really rich they needed to go make it happen, and set about getting rid of all the rest. Along with a bunch of charitable foundations, he has pretty much singlehandedly funded the biggest "impeach Trump" campaign and kept it running since about march of 2017. There is no question that he will be a huge financial backer for the nominee no matter who it turns out to be.

Imaus likes this.
  4. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

I generally go with gullible dupes or bootlickers myself.

5. Ironsided

Ironsided Flower of happiness

Just like Hillary supporters, which doesn’t get you the support you need but is all the same true.

Socrates99 likes this.
  6. Ironsided

It's not a strategy - look at your head spinning.

7. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

Your messaging still counts for something, however small its impact.

...head spinning? Doesn’t even make any sense.

8. Farm Boy

Farm Boy You gave me my own tail?

The quiet ones, maybe. Maybe they're not into the scene. The primary qualification for most vocal Assclowners though is a necessary degree of joy in meanness. Not that this makes them unique, but is a useful filter nonetheless.

Socrates99 likes this.
  9. Ironsided

@amadeus You never made sense mate.

Cloud_Strife likes this.
  10. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I heard some snippets from the debate. Why are major party debates moderated with complete trash levels of incompetence? Random ESPN shows like "around the horn" routinely did a better job moderating than this, and did so well over a decade ago.

When people are talking out of turn or neglect to answer the question(s) asked of them, mute their microphone. If they keep doing it, leave them muted/let them miss turns/time to speak. If they try to make a scene while muted, kick them out (on first offense, if you do this while muted you know what you're doing).

We don't need even more clown shows. I don't blame candidates for trying to do what they can when their debate stage is a trash can. Ideally someone can find them a place where debate can actually happen so we can separate the high school children in 40+ year old bodies from people who might actually respond to something competently more often.

Socrates99, Berzerker and Imaus like this.
  11. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yes, put them in there own private cubes so you can shut off their mic and camera whenever deemed necessary.
    It also makes it harder to play or be influenced by the audience. It would be much easier to moderate and wouldn't turn into a free for all.

12. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

You don't even need cubes. Just a little bit of distance between candidates and use a stage where a muted candidate would basically have to be shout to be heard by anybody but himself/herself and immediately adjacent candidates. Audience wouldn't hear, and it wouldn't be sufficient to interrupt speech of person who's speaking unless truly unruly (where you just kick them out).

If someone starts screaming like a child from their muted microphone stand they're not a serious presidential candidate anyway. It's not that hard.

Imaus likes this.
  13. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I would still like to eliminate the audience as a prop for the debaters.

Berzerker likes this.
  14. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I don't mind if the audience is eliminated, but it shouldn't impact a well-moderated debate significantly unless said audience is outright disruptive on its own. The debate target audience for candidates is a large percentage of the voting population in the country, plus some interested onlookers elsewhere.

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

LOL...the absolutely perfect display.

"I don't care if Trump is a criminal and totally destroys the country, he is making them Lib'ruls heads explode and that's all that matters to me." - randomly chosen extremist from the opposite side.

Back at why I don't favor handing the Democratic party over to Bernie and his demented and dangerous supporters...

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

If you just put the microphones on timers you mostly eliminate the need for moderators at all.

Berzerker likes this.
  17. Ironsided

You stole the sun. You stole the sun from my heart. To feed your ego and preconceptions.

18. rah

rah Deity Supporter

And think about all the possible comic moments that could be created if a sentence isn't completed.

19. Ironsided

Common rah, be commical, that'd be lovely...

Edit:
    Timmy being his usual silent dip**** is a bit of worry, do you honestly think people buy your ridiculous **** about Bernie supporters?

Moderator Action: That's enough trolling for one thread. Enjoy the holiday. --LM

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2020
  20. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Tim, it's 4 years now that your dreams of HRC were shattered, time to move on....still salty....goodness. You will only be in for more misery watching Bernie win it all :)