Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Will You Watch?

• No

• Yes, Live

• Yes, afterwards

• I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Said a Bernie tunneler who clearly hasn't bothered to find out a damn thing about Steyer.

He made a good point last night about systemic racism in the finance world, definitely would be a strong topic for Steyer continuing to have a political presence after dropping out.

I see we have dusted off the 2016 Democratic playbook.

"Some people are supporting Donald Trump. Let's call them morons and they'll vote for us!"

Yeah good luck with that strategy.
Yea luckily I'm not actually running so, although calling Trump supporters dumb is still A) fun and B) accurate . . .so

He made a good point last night about systemic racism in the finance world, definitely would be a strong topic for Steyer continuing to have a political presence after dropping out.

If I were to back anyone in the primary strictly based on their stated policies and beliefs and known character it would be Steyer. Yes, the dude is staggeringly wealthy. Unlike D'ump that wealth wasn't inherited. It came from building a company, which when he had had enough of running he sold it off to make his wealth liquid, gave each of his kids a substantial working stake and told them if they wanted to be really rich they needed to go make it happen, and set about getting rid of all the rest. Along with a bunch of charitable foundations, he has pretty much singlehandedly funded the biggest "impeach Trump" campaign and kept it running since about march of 2017. There is no question that he will be a huge financial backer for the nominee no matter who it turns out to be.

Just like Hillary supporters, which doesn’t get you the support you need but is all the same true.

I see we have dusted off the 2016 Democratic playbook.

"Some people are supporting Donald Trump. Let's call them morons and they'll vote for us!"

Yeah good luck with that strategy.

It's not a strategy - look at your head spinning.

I generally go with gullible dupes or bootlickers myself.

The quiet ones, maybe. Maybe they're not into the scene. The primary qualification for most vocal Assclowners though is a necessary degree of joy in meanness. Not that this makes them unique, but is a useful filter nonetheless.

I heard some snippets from the debate. Why are major party debates moderated with complete trash levels of incompetence? Random ESPN shows like "around the horn" routinely did a better job moderating than this, and did so well over a decade ago.

When people are talking out of turn or neglect to answer the question(s) asked of them, mute their microphone. If they keep doing it, leave them muted/let them miss turns/time to speak. If they try to make a scene while muted, kick them out (on first offense, if you do this while muted you know what you're doing).

We don't need even more clown shows. I don't blame candidates for trying to do what they can when their debate stage is a trash can. Ideally someone can find them a place where debate can actually happen so we can separate the high school children in 40+ year old bodies from people who might actually respond to something competently more often.

Yes, put them in there own private cubes so you can shut off their mic and camera whenever deemed necessary.
It also makes it harder to play or be influenced by the audience. It would be much easier to moderate and wouldn't turn into a free for all.

You don't even need cubes. Just a little bit of distance between candidates and use a stage where a muted candidate would basically have to be shout to be heard by anybody but himself/herself and immediately adjacent candidates. Audience wouldn't hear, and it wouldn't be sufficient to interrupt speech of person who's speaking unless truly unruly (where you just kick them out).

If someone starts screaming like a child from their muted microphone stand they're not a serious presidential candidate anyway. It's not that hard.

I would still like to eliminate the audience as a prop for the debaters.

I don't mind if the audience is eliminated, but it shouldn't impact a well-moderated debate significantly unless said audience is outright disruptive on its own. The debate target audience for candidates is a large percentage of the voting population in the country, plus some interested onlookers elsewhere.

It's not a strategy - look at your head spinning.

LOL...the absolutely perfect display.

"I don't care if Trump is a criminal and totally destroys the country, he is making them Lib'ruls heads explode and that's all that matters to me." - randomly chosen extremist from the opposite side.

Back at why I don't favor handing the Democratic party over to Bernie and his demented and dangerous supporters...

You don't even need cubes. Just a little bit of distance between candidates and use a stage where a muted candidate would basically have to be shout to be heard by anybody but himself/herself and immediately adjacent candidates. Audience wouldn't hear, and it wouldn't be sufficient to interrupt speech of person who's speaking unless truly unruly (where you just kick them out).

If someone starts screaming like a child from their muted microphone stand they're not a serious presidential candidate anyway. It's not that hard.

If you just put the microphones on timers you mostly eliminate the need for moderators at all.

LOL...the absolutely perfect display.

"I don't care if Trump is a criminal and totally destroys the country, he is making them Lib'ruls heads explode and that's all that matters to me." - randomly chosen extremist from the opposite side.

Back at why I don't favor handing the Democratic party over to Bernie and his demented and dangerous supporters...

You stole the sun. You stole the sun from my heart. To feed your ego and preconceptions.

And think about all the possible comic moments that could be created if a sentence isn't completed.

Common rah, be commical, that'd be lovely...

Edit:
Timmy being his usual silent diphorsehocky is a bit of worry, do you honestly think people buy your ridiculous horsehocky about Bernie supporters?

Moderator Action: That's enough trolling for one thread. Enjoy the holiday. --LM

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, it's 4 years now that your dreams of HRC were shattered, time to move on....still salty....goodness. You will only be in for more misery watching Bernie win it all :)

Top Bottom