Are you hydrated?

People tend to overestimate how much water you need to drink.

Easy guideline: If you're thirsty, you should drink something. Otherwise, there's no need to.

Wiki on drinking water:

It is a common misconception that everyone should drink two litres (68 ounces, or about eight 8-oz glasses) of water per day and is not supported by scientific research. Various reviews of all the scientific literature on the topic performed in 2002 and 2008 could not find any solid scientific evidence that recommended drinking eight glasses of water per day. For example, people in hotter climates will require greater water intake than those in cooler climates. An individual's thirst provides a better guide for how much water they require rather than a specific, fixed number. A more flexible guideline is that a normal person should urinate 4 times per day, and the urine should be a light yellow color.

Rainwater and grain alcohol.

Mandrake is a funny name.

Grape juice is one of my favorite fruit juices but I rarely drink it, stains my teeth. Usually OJ in the mornings all the time though.

I tend to stay really well hydrated. I drink around 2 liters a day. I'm a runner, so I'm usually pretty concious of getting enough water, and I can immediatly tell if I didn't drink enough when I start running.

People tend to overestimate how much water you need to drink.

Easy guideline: If you're thirsty, you should drink something. Otherwise, there's no need to.

Wiki on drinking water:

When I was working in the Gulf I would normally take a frozen 5L container of water and a 1L flask with ice cubes and water to work and drink it all. At work used to buy a 0.5 L 7UP and 1 L of yogart or fruit juce to drink as well. At home I would have tea, water and amstel plus water from food. But I was working outside in 45C.

I just went to pee and check. It was blue. Not sure what that means.

Also my mouth gets dried out a lot on account of one of the meds I take. So thats not a good indicator either. So I dunno.

You should not go in the pool.

Hmm.

Oh, and I figured out the blue pee... It was actually some weird cleaner my mom put in the toilet. I hadnt noticed it before I peed.

I never drank water as a kid (except after gym class), drank milk with every meal.

Nowadays I drink between a gallon & gallon & a half of water a day. I don't drink much else, occasionally some tea or coconut water.

I think the high levels of H20 help keep me fairly young looking & healthy for my age despite very high levels of stress & financial, emotional & familial issues.

Water is a need when you're in track in field.

A more flexible guideline is that a normal person should urinate 4 times per day, and the urine should be a light yellow color.

Four times ? I urinate three times before noon.
Once immediately after getting out of bed, once about half an hour after breakfast (which includes black tea) and and then again a couple of hours later.

I should count how many times I piss a day, I reckon it's at least 15. Edit : actually 15 is too high, probably more like once every two hours or so probably 9.

When I was in Bejing for a few days in the summer of '97 I remember marveling that I'd piss only twice a day, when I first woke up & right before bed. This was before my water drinking habit (and it was so hot I produced a lot of sweat).

Five or six times seems about right for me.

When I was younger, I didn't recognize thirst. I thought it was urge to drink more coffee. I drank 2-3 pots coffee a day.

Then I started drinking water as a substitute at school etc, since I couldn't afford buying it and had only limited volume in my thermos bottle. Gradually I learned to recognize thirst, and cut down on the coffee habit, now I'm at about 6 dl a day, which I find very good amount. On the other hand I lost my superpowers in maths. :(

I usually drink a lot water, my pee is yellow only in the morning.

I used to be, but my office sells pop for 25 cents, and i've started drinking it again to stay awake during the ol' afternoon food coma. Not good for hydration, not good for my training.

Try eating something else at the noon, raw vegetables, fruits and little bread, just enough to keep you not hungry.

Top Bottom