Are you hydrated?

I said that it's good to get much of your moisture requirement from food but not 100% of it. I mean you could eat watermelons all the time & not drink water but I think it would probably mess up your blood sugar & probably other things.

There's nothing special about water, you can stay hydrated but just drinking milk or juice, if you don't mind the calories. (And if you're trying to up your calories, drinking water is a wasted milk-drinking opportunity.)

There's nothing special about water, you can stay hydrated but just drinking milk or juice, if you don't mind the calories. (And if you're trying to up your calories, drinking water is a wasted milk-drinking opportunity.)
Drinking milk instead of water is unhealthy. Drinking fruit juice (or soda) instead of water will probably significantly increase your chances of diabetes. Evolutionarily speaking humans aren't really adapted to drinking either.

I think you guys are overestimating the frequency of kidney stones.

Btw i had what they called kidney "sand" (mild form of kidney stones - don't know how you call it in english) when i was a kid. I got to pee lava while my back hurt like hell for a few weeks. Then the after-treatment lasted about 6 months.

Cause consuming food when your body just wants fluids isn't healthy.

Yeah we are... we have special genes specifically adapted in order to drink animal milk.
A small percentage of white people have a high tolerance for dairy & Africans less & most Asians (except Mongolians) even less. Anecdoatally I've never met anyone over 30 who drinks a lot of milk who is healthy. I drank milk at every meal until my early twenties & not much water but eventually I started feeling lousy & then discovered (via blood test) that I had a dairy allergy. I still consumer butter though as it lacks the milk sugar or protein.

Milk is about 90% water - are you claiming that if you separated it and drank the 90%, that eating the remaining 10% solid would be unhealthy?
Are you saying drinking Roundup would still be unhealthy if you separated it to glyphosate and water?

I guess that I am well hydrated because I drink a lot of tea. Granted, I'm sure that the caffeine will promote kidney stone growth too, but at least my urine is clear. Also, I didn't know that about milk; I drink a lot of it, I'll switch to water from now on.

Are you saying drinking Roundup would still be unhealthy if you separated it to glyphosate and water?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Fun reading about the dairy industry : http://notmilk.com/

I don't really have the time to read through a site that looks like that. A perusal through wiki doesn't suggest that milk is particularly unhealthy for people who aren't lactose intolerant.

Good thing Canada doesn't allow milk to be produced from cows given artificial growth hormone.

In general, I'm a big fan of GM products, we can make prion-immune cows.

Fun side-effect: between my increased fitness and hydration, I've found hangovers have greatly reduced over the last year... it's like i'm 19 again!
Prevents headaches yeah but I get always nauseous instead and wonder if my good habit of drinking lots of water before going to bed is making it worse.

A guy in the art class I model for had kidney stones, they sound horrible! :eek:
Wut? :cool: Anyway, I actually woke up 5 this morning because of feeling dry. Eating dehydrating stuff, having a dusty apartment and dry weather will do that I guess.

I drink Kumis. Ghenghis Khan's drink.

Link to video.

Funny as hell that this thread got this big...But it got me thinking aswell, damn you all.

I drink about half a liter in between going to bed and stepping out of it. I think if I include other liquids than just ppure water (coffee etc) then I probably consume about the double day time. I allways thought drinking coffee made the urine slightly darker, or would that only be because you pee more?

I just realized due to this thread that I only drink four different things on anything approaching a regular basis: Coke, water, milk, and beer.

This is mildly distressing.

Hey, you're at two more than me. I only drink water and milk on a regular basis these days. Occasionally juice of various sorts is in that list, too, but it hasn't been recently.

I'd say I'm probably mildly dehydrated on average. I can tell if I'm more than mildly dehydrated if I'm doing something active, and seek to correct it, but if I'm not doing something active, it's easy for me to not drink anything for quite a long time and then inevitably end up mildly dehydrated. Not enough to really notice, but surely not completely hydrated just due to the passing of time.

Although when it comes to food, I can very much notice an affect on my mood and energy if I haven't been eating enough.

I don't drink enough water. I consume flavored milk, juice, beer.

I don't drink enough water. I consume flavored milk, juice, beer.

I have drunk milk and orange juice together when I was a child but have never tried flavoured milk, juice and beer. What is it like.:eek:

I have drunk milk and orange juice together when I was a child but have never tried flavoured milk, juice and beer. What is it like.:eek:

Ah, punctuation.

My milk comes either Chocolate, Banana or Strawberry flavour.
My Juice is Apple, Orange or Tropical flavour.
My Beer, is well, Beer flavour!

Top Bottom