Are you lazy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Oct 25, 2021.

?

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being the least lazy, 5 being the most lazy) where are you?

1. 1 (the least lazy)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. 2 (a bit lazy)

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. 3 (standard lazy)

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. 4 (above average lazy)

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  5. 5 (laziest of all)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Or if they are, they do a lot less damage.

Hygro, Snerk and Kyriakos like this.
  2. Sofista

Sofista Deity

Videogames and heavy metal would round up list. :p

3. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

I slept a lot later than usual today (got up about 20 minutes ago; it's after 2 pm here).

But in my defense, I was awake at 7 am, and watched part of the CBC News special, in which Trudeau and his cabinet were sworn in. Kinda nice that an MP from Calgary made it into cabinet (he's one of only 2 ridings in the province that went Liberal). I dozed off for part of it, woke up to some fiddle music (half-time entertainment; this is probably a thrilling ceremony for the participants, but it's really tedious overall), watched the rest, and opted not to bother with the post-ceremony news conference or listen to my own premier whine and complain and blather because the new environment minister is an actual environmentalist - Kenney hates environmentalists, and Harper's government considered them terrorists.

So I dozed off again, and got up when Maddy became increasingly insistent about getting fed (hard to ignore a cat standing on top of you, an inch from your face, and demanding food).

4. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I admit I didn't vote either. It's easy to feel lethargic during these dark pandemic times.. so that was a part of it.. but it also seemed like such a stupid idea to call an election during this time. So screw that, imma stay home. Let the chips fall as they may (and so they did, and nothing changed, hooray.. .. ...)

5. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

thats for us lazy ones

6. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Just the videogames, heavy metal has far too much energy for the lazy.

The_J likes this.
  7. Valka D'Ur

I was referring to Kyriakos' poll, not the federal election. I would never not vote in one of those, even though none of my choices have ever been elected.

But you're right - calling an election in the middle of a pandemic was really stupid.

At least there was fiddle music this morning during the swearing-in ceremony of the new cabinet. The TV cameras panned around the room, showing the GG discreetly tapping her toe in time to the music.

8. Sofista

Sofista Deity

One would think Theresa May's example would have been a warning!

9. Valka D'Ur

Sorry, who?

10. amadeus

amadeus Nilknarf!

11. Sofista

Sofista Deity

Was, in a time apparently lost to time, Prime Minister of a UN Security Council member. Called a snap election believing it would strengthen her position. Too bad.
    (Of course I know you're jesting. Just in case someone does not remember... :D )

Valka D'Ur likes this.
  12. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

I feel like people taking up a lot of typing to say why they are too lazy to vote are disproving their thesis.
    Agreed. I voted 4. I've often expressed that same idea to my coworkers of "good lazy" when it comes to programmers (which I am). When you're tasked with some repetitious task, & you expend upfront effort to automate that process, & that's "good lazy". Until you need to pass it off to someone else, you've saved yourself hours & hours of work going forward. And when you do, it takes almost no time to show them how to do it.

It's easy to confuse this mindset with a 5 on the scale, from an outside perspective, but equally easy to confuse it with a 1 or maybe 2, which often gets you rewarded. So, clearly the *best* lazy is 4!

IF SeeReply(ThisPost)
    THEN Reply("You're wrong: 4 is best.")
    END

Narz likes this.
  13. amadeus

amadeus Nilknarf!

I was answering the original question, not about May. Now you made me un-lazy myself for a second to add this explanatory note.

Sofista likes this.
  14. Hygro

I strongly disagree that creating efficiencies is less lazy than doing things the long way. All laziness wastes time by default. If something lazy saves time without sacrificing whatever the thing is, that’s a happy accident.

I thought about starting a thread about that like 9 months ago, but, lazy.

haroon likes this.
  15. bernie14

bernie14 Filter Manipulator

Someone was talking to me about this lean 6 sigma management program and all i could picture was a noose around my neck getting tighter and tighter

16. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

My wife is certainly a 1; she moved me from a 3 to a 2 years ago.

17. Hygro

I feel like you'd have to be pretty big before a reduction-driven overhead program beyond a simple audit would cost less than it would usably free resources.

18. haroon

haroon Deity

I am a lazy person, and I don't like it, my laziness is rooted in my difficulty to start doing something, but when it starts, it's rolling. Yes true, you can't avoid wasting your time when you are lazy, haha, from "let me do this first then we start.." till feeling horrible you are not doing what you suppose to do while doing nothing but feel horrible if that makes sense.

But I am able to survive, and sometimes even compete against diligent people because I work pragmatically, and focus on getting things done as easily as possible.

Your wife not living with you any longer? I don't get it.

19. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

:lol: No. She is a 1 on scale above. I was more like a 3. She has moved my point on the scale from a 3 to a 2. I am less lazy now than I used to be in some ways. :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    haroon likes this.
  20. haroon

haroon Deity

Ohhhh my wife also, if there is 0 she'll be there, there is no single trace and stain of laziness in her. Just amazing.

But unfortunately, she is unable to move me, on the topic of laziness, I'm like a mountain.

Birdjaguar and Kyriakos like this.