Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

2. ifasola

ifasola Chieftain

Thanks

3. Acken

Acken Deity

See you in the first expansion or dlc that adds another African civ then 😉

4. jimbobduggar

jimbobduggar Chieftain

Any update on the system requirements? I plan to preorder but need to know the requirements.

5. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Nothing yet, still working them out. Probably doesn't help that from what we can tell they're still refining the software, so that it runs well. If you notice, and all the Let's Plays it runs really slow.

6. upi00r

upi00r Warlord

Well, let's hope this:

"AMD and Firaxis studios have decided to team up for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, creating a new DirectX 12 renderer specifically optimised to bring an in-game performance boost to Radeon graphics cards. This means that Civ Vi will support technologies like Asynchronous Compute and Explicit Multi-Adapter."

will to better than:

"(AMD) We've teamed up with Deus Ex to bring you the optimal DX12 Gaming experience in Mankind Divided!"

where DX12 mode sucks so bad even Radeon cards run faster in DX11...

Also I have a bad feeling about Civ 6 after a serious performance issues with XCOM 2...

The only positive thing I can think of is that Civ 6 is not intended to be a console game.

7. Serenia

Serenia Chieftain

I am NOT planning on buying Civ 6 at all. I love the modern look of Civ 5 and I feel that to go backwards towards the cartoonish looks of the early Civ games, is not a good idea at all. But that's just my opinion. I did however purchase a copy of Beyond Earth yesterday as my compensation instead!! :)

8. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Different strokes and all. I grew up with the earlier Civ games, so I have a special place in my heart for their graphics. Civ 6 art feels instantly comfortable to me.

I hope you enjoy BE, be sure to check out the mods section here on Civfanatics as there are some total overhauls in the works which look very promising.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Doesn't look too cartoony for me. The terrain has grown on me, although the hills look a bit flat. I absolutely LOOOOVE the fog of war old timey style map. I think many people who don't like the cartoony leaders are people who started the Civ franchise with Civ5 and never played Civ4. Personally I prefer the leader appearances of Civ5 over Civ4, but it's not a make or break situation for me.

I went ahead and pre ordered the digital deluxe version. I think I'll really enjoy this game. The good thing is you don't need to wait for things like reviews to see if the game is good. From what I've seen on Quill's (and another guy I watched) youtube videos, I've seen enough to know I'll like the game. Of course they didn't show the modern ages, but it's hard to fathom the game would completely fall apart in the second half.

That's the good thing about games these days, is Youtube Let's play is the only "review" you need. I find I can't trust too many reviews anymore, not even from actual regular players. But seeing how the game plays for real is what I can determine if I want to be the one doing those things.

Civ5 I absolutely hated when it came out, and never did finish my first game. But that game grew on me after the second expansion. I never bought any of the DLC for it, but I think I will with this game, hence buying the digital deluxe version. I still think the even numbered Civs are the best. ;)

10. ifasola

ifasola Chieftain

I'm not preorder for different reasons but I do like the new look.

11. Mathias Rex

Mathias Rex Chieftain

I preordered today. In my country available a "Day one Edition" version. It's include steelbox, Aztec DLC, a map, soundtrack beside the game.

12. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

I'll only be preordering if the Mac requirements are out in time for me to know I'll be able to run it.

13. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

I don't think Mac requirements will come out before release. Or soon after it. The game is based on custom engine, which, based on specs, uses things specific to DX11. Porting it to Mac should be a lot of work.

14. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

I almost never pre-order (have once ever), and won't be making an exception here either. In principle I like to know what I'm buying first, but with Civ in particular, for both IV and V I found they were not better than their predecessors in their Vanilla versions, and only really hit their strides with the second expansion. So with that background, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with VI, despite the relatively positive info thus far.

Waiting will also mean there will be community leaderheads to download to replace the super-cartoony ones in VI. I thought the IV ones were bad at the time, but the VI ones are far worse from my preferences. Don't really mind the map graphics since not having too busy of graphics there can be a good thing, but the leader graphics remind me of CivRev more than anything, and that isn't a good thing.

15. Reboot

Reboot Privateer

Being outside of the US, I tried buying the 25th Anniversary Edition from Amazon only to discover that it's (gasp!) no longer in stock.

Managed to hunt down a retailer that delivers to my country from NZ, of all places. Here's hoping Mighty Ape delivers (literally).

16. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

No, and you shouldn't either. If they make their target then support(bug fixing) might be reduced.

17. anandus

anandus Errorist

Firaxis has an excellent track record for bug fixing years after release.
    Both Civ 4 and Civ 5 got patches at least 4 years after release

18. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Ordered at a keydealer (gamesplanet) - usually a reliable, trustworthy source like GMG or MMOGA. Has anyone received its key already? So far it's still labelled "preordered - we inform you as soon as the product is ready".
    Any idea when to expect that to happen?

19. anandus

anandus Errorist

It depends. Often a (few) day(s) before release.

20. Ashlar

Ashlar Chieftain

I am preordering the 25th Anniversary edition. But I have a question about that for which i have not been able to find the answer yet.
    Does the 25th Anniversary edition have different printings for different languages, or is the whole printrun in English? If someone has found any information about that, please post it here also. The reason why i am asking is that i have a preorder from German Amazon with the hope that only one Anniversary edition version is made and i will be able to get the English edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.