Are you still working on the mod?

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
What the title says. I saw mention of a version 1.82 being in development somewhere a year ago, but it never came out.

I have not worked on it for a while (since about March, and before that it was last November).

There are a collection of bug fixes and tweaks that were committed to the SVN which could be released as 1.82. The list is something like this:
  • Bugfix for negative assignable population
  • Fix for over whipping when AI is in Slavery civic
  • Re-fix for UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY unit value determination
  • Adjustment for starving systems (AI planet population assignment adjustments)
  • Fix a bug in updatePlotYield where planets with lunar bases outside the current culture range (in a captured star system, of course) would provide negative food
  • Potential OOS bugfix
  • Base location evaluation optimization
  • A bugfix for a widget help problem (which is not an issue in FFP, but is in B5 due to lots of extra content)
  • Fix to make the iCultureRange tag actually work
A lot of these are already in B5 so B5 is, technically, using something closer to the hypothetical 1.82 as its base. I think Star Trek II has a few of them too.

One issue I'd like to fix before a 1.82 release is the non-storage of the building produced parts of the yield in the savegame file. In fact, that was mentioned in your "Mutliplayer?" thread which has the complete explanation of the issue. It still isn't fixed, but it really shouldn't be difficult as it is just adding 3 numbers per city to the save. It would break savegame compatibility (well, a switch could probably be added to toggle between the two formats, defaulting to saving the extra data but I don't think it is really necessary).

TC01 isn't around much these days (I think he checks in a couple of times a week, but doesn't post much) and I don't think he has been doing any FFP work recently either.

One issue I'd like to fix before a 1.82 release is the non-storage of the building produced parts of the yield in the savegame file. In fact, that was mentioned in your "Mutliplayer?" thread which has the complete explanation of the issue. It still isn't fixed, but it really shouldn't be difficult as it is just adding 3 numbers per city to the save.

This issue is naturally my main concern for starting a PBEM, so when you say it shouldn't be difficult, could you explain what exactly I have to change so I can fix it myself and use that version for my PBEM?

TC01 isn't around much these days (I think he checks in a couple of times a week, but doesn't post much) and I don't think he has been doing any FFP work recently either.

Correct :(

At best I'm here lurking, and I try to answer questions if people have them when I see them.

I think I last worked on FF+ last summer, and I ended up trying to debug weird DLL problems that resulted from an attempted modcomp merge, and I soon lost interest in trying to make that work as I had almost no idea what had gone wrong, and no way of fixing it other than starting over.

I feel bad about losing interest in continuing to work on this project, and being incommunicado for extended periods of time- I occasionally get a desire to work on it (or a pang of guilt at abandoning it), but that usually happens when I don't really have free time to devote to it. There were more things I wanted to add; more content rather than just optimizations and bugfixes and improvements, which is how the mod started.

It would be nice if we could at least release a 1.82, and then if additional work ever happens it does, and goes out as incremental versions (1.9, 1.10, etc.).

...and by "we", I really mean God-Emperor, since I haven't done very much at all for the last few FF+ releases- for which I apologize. :(

I can try to fix that bug you mentioned- my memories of how things work are very hazy right now but it should be possible to do something to avoid breaking save games (if loading the yield data from the save fails, just ignore it and continue loading the file? Something like this should be possible, though given how hardcoded other things are in the DLL, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't) and release 1.82 with the other fixes.

Hey, no need to give yourself a hard time about it, you have done an amazing job already over the past years with this mod and I would never consider going back to Vanilla Final Frontier, even if there still are some small issues here. :)

I you could find the time to fix that yield-loading bug though I will be eternally grateful.

OK, so I fixed it. Just some small additions in 2 places in the CvCity.cpp file, at the end of CvCity::read and CvCity::write.

If you grab all these and copy them over the ones you already have in FFP you'll have all the bugfixes since 1.81. The links go to the page for the folders holding the files rather than direct downloads.

New DLL, goes in Assets:
CvGameCoreDLL-1.81b.dll (rename to just CvGameCoreDLL.dll)

plus these 3 files which are all found here and all of which go in the Assets/Python folder:
FinalFrontierEvents.py
FinalFrontierGameUtils.py
CvAI.py

and this from the Assets/Python/BUG folder:
PlayerUtil.py

There is also an XML file that has been changed, but it only changes the culture reach of the Omega Starbase from 3 to 4 via the iCultureRange tag (goes in Assets/XML/Units, if you want it):
CIV4UnitInfos.xml

That should be everything which has been changed since 1.81 except the source code for the DLL (which is all on sourceforge too).

Oh thank you most sincerely, you´re awesome!

FinalFrontierEvents.py

Erm...

#This file is no longer necessary!
#We now use the BUG event manager system, in FinalFrontierEvents.py
#Changes to this file will do absolutely nothing, so don't even bother

#TC01 and God-Emperor
#Final Frontier Plus

Am I supposed to disregard your earlier comment here?

You might want to make copies of those file first, just in case...

By the way, to see the effect of the fix you can (before swapping out the DLL) start a game, play a turn (to get the Capitol's commerce to kick in since it still does not apply on the first turn) or two, then save the game. Exit completely and load the save. Look at your research point output in the upper left (I am assuming you have left the research at 100%). Then go into the city and move a population point to a different planet. If you do this with the old DLL you will immediately see your research point output drop by the 8 points that are from the Capitols 8 commerce (give or take the difference in commerce output between the planet the population used to be on and the one it is now on).

If you do this same thing with the new DLL there should be no change other than that caused by any difference in the populated planet's commerce. (You can't use the same save because this fix breaks savegame compatibility.)

Oh, I guess I copied the wrong file then. It shouldn´t be any different from the file I already had anyway I hope?

Oh alrighty then.

You will hear from me if it worked in a new thread announcing a PBEM.

I was going to cobble together all these fixes into a patch installer and release v1.82, but I realized, as I was fiddling with Inno Setup, that with an additional year of programming experience I may actually be able to make the installer support other registry keys (Steam installations and so on).

So in the mean time I'll post v1.82 later today with the above fixes so it can be installed easier, along with a compressed copy of all the files needed to run v1.82 (no installers, just drop it in the mods folder and go).

Hopefully I'll be able to make this work and release another installer that supports Steam, Gold, Complete, and normal installations later this week.

I was going to cobble together all these fixes into a patch installer and release v1.82, but I realized, as I was fiddling with Inno Setup, that with an additional year of programming experience I may actually be able to make the installer support other registry keys (Steam installations and so on).

That would be fantastic.

Wait, so what you're saying is I don't need to tell everyone joining my PBEM to apply them manually as per God-Emperor's post?

Wait, so what you're saying is I don't need to tell everyone joining my PBEM to apply them manually as per God-Emperor's post?

Correct. :)

I've released v1.82 now here on CFC. Going to upload it and a zip of the whole mod to sourceforge once I finish writing this.

As I wrote in the download thread, the installer-that-actually-works will come out as v1.83, which will be a full installation containing both v1.8 and the patches.

I downloaded the DLL from the link to check it. It is byte for byte identical to the one I committed which works just fine for me.

How sure are you that your BtS is at version 3.19? Any earlier version will cause it to crash from version mismatch between the game's .exe and the DLL.

Also, are you sure you applied the new files to FFP and not just regular FF? And that FFP was already at version 1.81? (I'm guessing the DLL would also work with just 1.8. Earlier than that and I'm not so sure.)

Have you tried the actual 1.82 patch instead?

I just applied Patch 1.82 again -- it works but now I have no left panel in my city screen as well I cannot see my tiles worked. And of course I must have 3.19 -- playing non stop all the different mods on this forums :)

Top Bottom