Are you still working on the mod?

I just applied Patch 1.82 again -- it works but now I have no left panel in my city screen as well I cannot see my tiles worked. And of course I must have 3.19 -- playing non stop all the different mods on this forums :)

Gah, this is my fault.

When I downloaded three of the Python files from Sourceforge for v1.83, something went wrong and I got a bunch of HTML garbage for some reason instead of the raw Python source code. I caught one of them because it failed when launching Civ 4, but... not the other two (FinalFrontierEvents and FinalFrontierGameUtils).

So v1.82 is broken. :( You'll have to download the FinalFrontierEvents.py and FinalFrontierGameUtils.py files from GodEmperor's post and replace them.

Fortunately, the good news is that I've got the new installer working. It supports a myriad of possible registry key combinations (Normal and Complete, 64-bit and 32-bit systems, HKEY_CURRENT_USER (I don't know why this would happen, but it's supported!) and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE). It also asks if you want to create a Steam desktop icon or a non-steam desktop icon and... the Steam desktop icon actually works. (Verified with a friend with BTS on Steam).

God-Emperor added a few more fixes to the SVN, so I'll merge them (correctly this time) and release v1.83 tonight or tomorrow morning.

God-Emperor added a few more fixes to the SVN, so I'll merge them (correctly this time) and release v1.83 tonight or tomorrow morning.

Well, I updated the version number to 1.83 in the two files where it is mentioned and also finally (I hope) fixed the message that pops up when you get iron, if you have the Sid's Tips (or whatever it is) turned on since I saw it in my test game and so finally remembered to track the message down and fix it. I also added a bunch of files in the Config folder that had never been added to the SVN before.

That "feat" message has always said that the iron resource lets you build strong melee units just like in BtS (since it was still using the text from BtS). It should, I hope, now give the correct information (although the non-English versions are now in mixed languages since I replaced the last sentence with the corrected English in all cases). I have not actually run another game since then to find out if just redefining the text for the text tag was good enough - it might be necessary to change the tag itself instead of trying to override the definition.

Edit: I have verified that the message from the "connected iron" feat is now correct.

Well, I updated the version number to 1.83 in the two files where it is mentioned and also finally (I hope) fixed the message that pops up when you get iron, if you have the Sid's Tips (or whatever it is) turned on since I saw it in my test game and so finally remembered to track the message down and fix it. I also added a bunch of files in the Config folder that had never been added to the SVN before.

That "feat" message has always said that the iron resource lets you build strong melee units just like in BtS (since it was still using the text from BtS). It should, I hope, now give the correct information (although the non-English versions are now in mixed languages since I replaced the last sentence with the corrected English in all cases). I have not actually run another game since then to find out if just redefining the text for the text tag was good enough - it might be necessary to change the tag itself instead of trying to override the definition.

Edit: I have verified that the message from the "connected iron" feat is now correct.

So... when trying to test this by adding asteroids with iron in Worldbuilder, I found a FFWorldbuilder bug: if you try to add a bonus to a plot, WB assumes the plot is a solar system and adds the plot to all planets... but of course, it throws an exception if there isn't a solar system on the tile.

I fixed the bug, then I tried to test again, but for some reason I didn't get a feat pop up when I connected iron, so I don't know if it's working or not.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, so I guess it works. :)

I just checked - the "feat" pop-ups require the "Advisor Pop-Ups" option, not "Sid's Tips". (On the first tab of the Options dialog, the same one where the Graphics options are on a tab.)

A lot of people turn these off because at randomish intervals it will give a pop-up asking you to build some building in a city (like a health giving building for an unhealthy city). These are rarely useful. So I'm guessing you have that option turned off.

With this option on, in addition to the advisor asking you if you want to do things from time to time you also get all the "feat" pop-ups: each time your population passes various thresholds, when you get iron, when you get your first luxury resource, when you get your first heath resource, building your first national wonder, connecting your first city to your capital, and each time you build the first unit of any unit combat type. There are a few that are commented out as they are not relevant to FFP, and I might have missed one or two.

I just checked - the "feat" pop-ups require the "Advisor Pop-Ups" option, not "Sid's Tips". (On the first tab of the Options dialog, the same one where the Graphics options are on a tab.)

A lot of people turn these off because at randomish intervals it will give a pop-up asking you to build some building in a city (like a health giving building for an unhealthy city). These are rarely useful. So I'm guessing you have that option turned off.

With this option on, in addition to the advisor asking you if you want to do things from time to time you also get all the "feat" pop-ups: each time your population passes various thresholds, when you get iron, when you get your first luxury resource, when you get your first heath resource, building your first national wonder, connecting your first city to your capital, and each time you build the first unit of any unit combat type. There are a few that are commented out as they are not relevant to FFP, and I might have missed one or two.

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

So, it... looks like everything is working. I may as well go ahead and release v1.83, or should we do any additional testing first?

I like to do a fair amount of testing, but I think it may be time to just do the release. A lot of the changes have already been in use by B5 (and possibly Star Trek 2) for months.

I like to do a fair amount of testing, but I think it may be time to just do the release. A lot of the changes have already been in use by B5 (and possibly Star Trek 2) for months.

Point taken. :blush:

Uploading the installers and editing all the posts I need to edit now...

EDIT: WePlayCiv is having issues, again. Redirecting the link in the main thread to Sourceforge until I figure out what's going on... or I may just leave it like that because WPC tends to be unreliable whenever I need to do anything over there...

anyone ever thought about making a mod mod for ffp settled in the star wars galaxy?

Yes, but nobody ever did something with it. The biggest problem with it is imo that the basic civilization formula doesn't work for the Star Wars universe, as you always have a single republic or empire that rules the entire galaxy, not competing power blocs at about the same strength. The Galactic Civil War is especially bad to depict, as it would basically only be Espionage and the odd barbarian unit if we stay faithful to the source. The Clone Wars might work as scenario though, but that would be too focused on warfare and leaves out empire building as well.

I would really really love a Star Wars mod, but alas, I doubt it will ever happen.

Top Bottom