1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Aretanian Land Grants (New BLG)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Lord Civius, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Welcome to the Aretanian Land Grants (ALG) office. This office has been authorized to distribute the lands of our Kingdom by permission of our King.

The Continent has been divided into four regions to more efficiently distribute the Kings land. After each turn chat all RPG citizens can bid on new tiles within the Kingdoms cultural borders using a land lottery bidding system. Details on the bidding process are in Section VI of the RPG Rules thread. I will also provide a step by step process before each land lottery. These will take place in this thread.

We are using a basic system for tile identification revolving around cities within the Kingdom. Basicly the direction and distance the tile is from the city. There are examples of the system after each map under land Grants. Also each tile is color coded according to its Grantee. Please post any questions about the ALG in the RPG Questions thread.

Continental Map (see Zoom Maps for individual Tile Grants)

Zoom Maps

Southwest Region (New Arkadia)
    Spoiler :

Many call the Region New Arkadia and some call it Old Spain. It is mostly made up of old Spanish cities conquered by King Dutchfire in the Arkadian Dynasty.

Land Grants:
    Lord Civius- Blue
    Cattle Pasture 2N of Arkadia

Vandal Warlord- Black
    Town, SW of madrid

Diamondye- Yellow
    Rice, 2E,1S of Madrid

Dutchfire- Red
    Town 1E of Seville
    Mine 1N2E of Barcelona
    Town 1S2W of Madrid
    Town 1E of Madrid

TCN- Lightblue
    Gem Mine, 2S of Madrid
    Gem Mine, 1N,2E of Seville

Provoshogun- Limegreen
    Iron Mine Arkadia 2W
    Hill Santiago 2N,1W

WarHammer- Grey
    Town, E of Arkadia
    Hill, 2E Cordoba

Civplayah- White
    Dyes E of Barcelona

Ice2K4- Purple
    Gem Mine 1S of Madrid
    Town SE of Arkadia

Southeast Region (Arete Proper)
    Spoiler :

The Southeast Region, also known as Arete Proper, is home to the Capital City Arete.

Land Grants:
    Cyc- Green
    Grassland, 1N,2W of Arete
    Hills, 1N,3W of Arete
    City of Arete
    Town, Arete E
    Horses, Arete W

TCN- Light Blue
    Copper, Arete S
    City of Venice

WarHammer- Grey
    Dyes, 2S,1W of Arete

Provolution- Limegreen
    Pigs, 2N,1E of Arete

Northwest Region (Ibisinia)
    Spoiler :

The Northwest Region, also known as Ibisinia, is home to most of the continents precious metals and stones. The Church of Giruvegan, An ancient wonder, is located in the City of New Giruvegan.

Land Grants:

Diamondeye- Yellow
    City of New Giruvegan
    Gold Mine, 1N of NG
    Rice, SW of NG

Dutchfire- Red
    Ivory Camp, 1N,2E of NG

Joe Harker- Orange
    Copper Mine, SE of NG

Lord Civius- Blue
    Cattle, 4S,1W of NG

Northeast Region (Dark East)
    Spoiler :

The Northeast Region, or Dark East, is made up of mostly conquered Babylonian cities.

Land Grants:
    Provoshogun- Limegreen
    City of Edorai
    Iron, Edorai 2N

ALG Map Archive
    Official Regional Borders
    Spoiler :

2. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Begins 2pm EST Friday and ends Sunday 2:00 EST. The rules are pretty broad so Im gonna break them down.
    • Each RPG registered citizen can bid on up to 10 tiles.
    • You must have enough Yenarii and borrowing power to cover all of the tiles you bid on and secure. Failing to have enough wealth to fulfill your financial obligations costs you all of the tiles you bidded on. Do it twice and you are barred from the following Land lottery.
    • The minimum bid on any tile is 100 Y.
    • Each gold or hammer yield on the tile multiplies the minimum bid 100 Y.
    • All bids must be PMed to the RP Manager (me) no later than 2PM sunday.
    • Please post any questions regarding the Land Lottery in the RPG questions thread.

*all citizens that are registered for the RPG (signed-up) prior to the TC will have a pending account and are eligible to participate in the land lottery.

3. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The Land Lottery is being pushed back 24 hours. It will begin at 2pm EST Friday and run through 2pm EST Sunday.

I forgot to make it known that all RPG citizens that do not have a land grant get their first tile free (per RPG rules). Please post here the tile you want a grant for. It is on a first come first serve basis. Anyone who does not get their free grant choice in by 2pm EST Friday will have to wait til after the 1st Land Lottery is over.

4. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

I request the gems NE of Seville in New Arkadia as my first free tile. If I'm early I apologize but it seems that the land grant does not fall under the Land Lottery.

5. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I want all land around Edorai, but I want to start out with the iron and the desert.

6. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

You are not early my friend but anyone who does not have their first tile choice in by 2pm EST tomorrow (Fri) will be too late to get it in before the TC and not reap the salary benefits. Gem Mine 1N,2E of Seville (2S of Madrid) Tile Grant approved for TCN.

Iron Mine 2N of Edorai Tile Grant approved for Provoshogun.

7. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

I request the gems directly south of Madrid if possible.

8. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Gem Mine 1S of Madrid Tile Grant approved for Ice2K4.

9. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Would fed1943 still get 2S, 1W of Arete in The Southeast Region (Arete Proper)?

Former Tile #3.

10. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The Land Lottery is officially open and will close Sunday at 2 pm. I let Ice slide on the time a little because I have not received a bid from any players yet. Free tiles for new RPG citizens will now have to wait until after the auction.

Grants that are pending and not open to bids:
    Gem Mine 1S of Madrid
    Gem Mine 2S of Madrid
    Iron Mine 2N of Edorai

All other tiles that are not outlined on the Continental map and are within the Aretan cultural borders are open to bids. Remember you must have enough purchasing power (curreny + real estate assets) to cover all tiles you secure. Good luck gentlemen.

11. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Is there a minimum bid?

Assuming there is not, I would like to bid 400 Yenarii on the rice padding SW of New Giruvegan, and 400 Yenarii on the rice padding 2E1S of Madrid

12. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I Bid 290 Y for the Iron 2W of Arkadia.

13. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes there is a minimum bid and it is 100 Y. Add 100 Y for all gold and hammer yields on the tile. So the minimum bid on the Rice farm would be 100 since it only has food yields.

The minimum bid on this tile is 400 Y because it has 4 hammer yields.

To both of you:
    I would highly recommend bidding through a PM to me. It will be easy for another player to outbid you if he knows how much you are bidding :mischief: .

14. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

We know that now, thanks for the notice.

15. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

How much money do I have? Also, the Warlords took a lot of booty from the Babylonians, as we conquered 4 cities, of which one was razed. Babylon should also have some loot.

16. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Here is a link to the ART accounts where you can find your account and how much Yenarii is in it-
    ART accounts

There is nothing in the rules about looted gold. If there was then it would more then likely all go to the King.

17. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

ALG ANNOUNCEMENT

The Land Lottery was started prior to Provos TC so I will not be updating maps or accounts until after it is over. Some players have already made their bids and it would only complicate things.

18. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

There will be a second Land Lottery starting monday at 2PM EST. The first land lottery ends sunday at 2PM EST. All registered (signed-up) RPG citizens that have not received their free tile must make this request in the 24 hour window between Land Lotteries.

19. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes the Dyes 2S,1W of Arete is granted to fed1943 and not open to bids. Anyone wondering this was requested during the renewing stage in the old BLG.

20. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

One more minute.