1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Aretanian Renaissance Cities

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Provolution, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Aretanian Renaissance Cities

After all great wars, the kings had a tendency to lay new cities, in the honor of their king and major aristocrats.

I therefore nominate the following cities for immediate development:

Vandal Valley (Violet Color)

The name Vandal Valley came about during Provoshoguns ultra-violence in the Dark East, where the cities of Sippar and Shushar were razed to the ground, hence the word "vandalized". As these two cities were in a valley, and both were vandalized, the area was to be named Vandal Valley.

Mount Rushmore could be built here

Port Civius (Yellow Color)

The very first galley that discovered the continent of Cyclonia, was HMC Civius, named after the nations regent, and present king. As several dye merchants had greedily watched the undeveloped dyes south of Arete, they decided to nominate this as a window to the east, rivaling Venice.

This city would benefit most from Moai Statues

Harker Park (Red Color)

Joe Harker, a prominent nation leader, proposed to place a city north of Arkadia, west of Edorai and east of N Giruvegan. This is his dream come true, and due to the proximity of untouced nature, I suggest this should be our National Park City.

This city would benefit most from National Park

King Cyc City, or KCC (Turquoise Color)

There has to be a city named after Cyc, and we found the spot east of Kassite and northwest of Arkadia. It is a minor city, more like the kings resort and hunting grounds high in the Kassite Mountains. It has limited size, but is a solid industrial location with future potential.

New Blastoid (Orange Color)

I think the present city of Blastoid is misplaced, in terms of tile usage, and has to be razed. I regret not razing it like Sippar and Shushar. Yet, we can gift this after next turnchat to Lincoln, and then start a war again to eradicate Lincoln, this time razing Blastoid (formerly Nippar).
    New Blastoid would be built on a stone quarry, and has access to foodplains, forests, some villages as well as deserts.

Maoi Statues: Port Civius ???(12 water tiles, a port city) Likely Cordoba now.
    Forbidden Palace: Kassite
    Globe Theater: Babylon
    Hermitage: Kassite
    Heroic Epic: Edorai (Built)
    Ironworks: Edorai (future)
    Mt Rushmore: Vandal Valley
    National Epic: Barcelona
    National Park: Harker Park
    Oxford: Arkadia
    Wall Street: Arkadia
    West Point: Cordoba
    Red Cross: Cordoba

2. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I say no. Kassite has absolutley no production. Moai Statues should be built there giving 11 tiles of hammers, making ita suitible city to use to launch the killing assult on Babylon. AND if we leave slavery Kassite won't be able to do anything untill nationalism, but I don't want Kassite to rely on being whipped.

Once again send Moai Statues to Kassite.

Requested by Governor of Kassite.

3. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Glad someone took notice of my proposal. :)

Like the name too of course :goodjob:

4. Provolution

I suggest we have a competition of the four alternatives for the Maoi Statues:

Cordoba
    Venice
    Kassite
    future Port Civius

I suggest that the proposals should be forwarded by respectively:

Cordoba (DiamondEye)
    Venice (TheCommonNate)
    Kassite (Vandal Warlord)
    future Port Civius (Lord Civius)

5. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I am opposed to the idea of Harker Park. No offence, Sir Joe Harker, but the location is wrong. It is too close to New Giruvegan, and if moved, will be too close to Edorai. It must be located somewhere else.

Also, I agree with Vandal Warlord that Kassite should not rely on being whipped. I would be glad to see us rid of this cruel form of labor as soon as possible. I don't know whether this should be solved by placing the Moai statues there, since it will never become a brilliant production site. I recommend Cordoba due to the facts that it has 12 ocean tiles, decent production potential, and can start the project immidiately.

6. Joe Harker

The overlapped tiles won't be used by Harker Park, only by their current city so your fears are unfounded. :). Remeber also due to happy limits the city won't need all of the tiles, so Harker Park will have enough tiles to reach that limit.

The huge space is just right for a cottage city on it so it's a waste of space not filling it, plus provides much needed gold.

7. Diamondeye

I can accept if it is claused that Harker Park never will work a tile in the New Giruvegan BFC

8. Joe Harker

Fine by me. :)

9. Provolution

I can accept if it is claused that Harker Park never will work a tile in the Edorai BFC

10. Joe Harker

Again, it won't interfere with Edorai or anyother city. :)

11. Diamondeye

Then we seem to agree. How fortunate :)

12. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Sorry Cyc, but I wish Cyc City would not be built for fear that it may work Kassite tiles, which it REALLY needs.

13. Provolution

What about the other cities? Tried to name them with relevant name, fitting the people we have in the game.

Harker is a sort of Utopian, hence Harker Park
    Cyc like it rugged and wild and sort of boyish American, hence King Cyc City
    Vandal likes carnage and razing, hence Vandal Valley where we razed 2 cities
    Civius is a colorful fellow that likes the ocean, hence Port Civius near 2 dyes
    Blastoid is all over the desert sand, so his city there as well.

14. Provolution

1 tile east then?

15. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

:):D Ok then.

I would also like to say thanks for nameing a city after me.

And on the idea off more citys, we could plant one in the heart of current Babylonian territory, called say something named after Provo who fought and won our war against them. Hmmmmm.......

16. Provolution

Should we settle these cities soon?

17. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Maybe after two TS they will all be placed, but I would think we should start building the Settlers now.

18. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Thank you for the proposed city. A small resort that does not interfere with other cities' tiles is fine by me.

19. Diamondeye

The OP states that the Moai will be built in Port Civius. That is far from certain, so please change it or atleast at a "?"

20. Provolution

Fixed for your reference.