1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Argentina III: Argentina is Missing!

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by NinjaCow64, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

I've always liked you, Reus; you put abundant thought into everything you do, you're also a talented artist, and why you scrubbed your dA I will never understand. (PS if you can shoot me the complete inventory of IOT cartoons, I would be most appreciative.) I'm gonna miss you, no ifs ands or buts.

I checked in too late for the game proper and I've only skimmed the details, but you're right: this is not an apology, and it is frankly deplorable that you've chosen to burn your bridges in such a disingenuous way.

I've been here virtually since the start; I've seen IOT's 'problem elements' evolve in real-time; in many instances I sympathize with the critics. The cancellation of IOT24 had nothing to do with that, and to conflate an in-game dispute falling within the bounds of a game moderator's basic responsibilities with longstanding grievances against chat culture in what reads, frankly, as self-serving muckraking, is not the behaviour I expected from you.

As I've said to certain other colleagues in certain other collaborative projects, if it's all stressing you out, it is your right to take leave for the sake of your sanity. But it is not your right to douse everyone in petrol on your way out the door.

2. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

I'm sorry that it's taken me over two months to post it, but this is the proper picture for this thread:

(From this video, at about 1:35 onwards)

also, that really is Leonardo Sbaraglia and he really was/is that handsome

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  3. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Oh my God! Speaking in a Spanish accent, too! How many years ago was this? What is this?

4. Takhisis

Watch the video, it's a humour show that is still rerun every Thursday. There's a lot of in-jokes that need insider knowledge but they still stand, sadly.

The joke/framing device is that in the year 2492 a German expedition set out to find a missing country that had once been known as ‘Argentina’ (hence the hole in the map) and they managed to find archæological evidence in the form of the various clips from Tato Bores' career that follow each one of the short introductions that were recorded in the 1990s for the programme.
    Lots of Yiddish humour of the bext kind.

5. JohannaK

But the Spanish accent! I had never once heard him like that. This is a revelation.

6. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

when were you when discord dies

i was sat at home memeing about bisexual us politicians when red ring

"discord is kill"

"no"

(Memes aside Discord is down everyone).

7. JohannaK

Interesting. I was chatting there the whole time.

8. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

I never noticed it either, and I've been on for 6-7 hours.

9. Takhisis

I was debating whether to get out of bed or just bask in my warm cottony coccoon of half-sleepiness.

10. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Hey, I've been without power for almost 24 hours and it doesnt seem to be coming back anytime soon. I think a tornado hit the area? Its hard to get news since my phone is busted. I went to the library just to type this message.

Beyond just wanting everyone to know I'm fine, can someone relay this message to both Buttery and Desu for me? I wanted to talk to both via discord but I cant log into discord on the library computer because new login demanding I check my email, and google demanding I do 2FA despite not currently having a cell phone. Just want Buttery to know I'm safe, and to tell Desu why i'm probably not going to be able to do WoM today (unless the power gets back soon).

Going to be leaving the library after typing this. If this goes through the weekend, I'm probably not going to be able to do my orders either.

11. Takhisis

^I just reposted that on Discord.

12. Butteryicarus

Butteryicarus Chieftain

I'll talk more once your power returns, but please take care and stay safe.