1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Argentina III: Argentina is Missing!

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by NinjaCow64, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

I've been contemplating acquiring a physical edition of Petersen's Field Guide to Lovecraftian Horrors, mostly for the art. Can't really think of anything digital I've read recently. When it comes to playing I am of course in your mentioned Traveller 2e game and am soon to be running a joke-y system. Other than that... there are certainly things on my list of things to try out one day, such as messing around with Microscope, but nothing I am actively pursuing.

2. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

I've been looking at the FGL lately the last few days too. I can't really use it for anything (yet) but I've been thinking about filling my bookcase with physical Delta Green/Call of Cthulhu stuff lately. Helps that the Field Guide cover is gorgeous.

3. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

Yeah my physical collection is tiny as well. Consists of three Pathfinder 2e books and Fate of Cthulhu by Evil Hat.

4. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

My physical collection consists of only the DND Player's Handbook, which I picked up at a Target years ago. Definitely prefer PDFs for price and ease but I'm really starting to miss textbooks.

5. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

I've had to play a retail simulator RPG lately

I still can't decide whether cashier or manager was a worse character class to play

If nothing else the game involved overthrowing the board of executives so that was cool

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Well, coincidentally I am about to start playing a Mongoose Traveller campaign too. What a small world.

Since I'm in lockdown/shutdown/quarantine/home imprisonment until further notice all games I'm playing are computer games or computer-mediated games unless we count Choose your own Adventure and CYOA-like Dungeons and Dragons books (The Black Dragon by Rose Estes, if you ask).
    Computerised games, I'm playing Elvish Dynasty RPG, which I heartily recommend and is for free. And I am playing GTA: Vice City, going for 100% completion for the first time in my life. I think I can make it, and I'm playing it in character, i.e. one business at a time –currently I am supplying cars to the used car business– and trying to keep some characters alive and what-not. Then I'll be doing San Andreas and then III to end the saga. :)

7. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

Why exactly are these threads called Argentina? I don't remember

8. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

9. Tani Coyote

Nothing quite like reading old threads, seeing a bunch of members who are no longer active, and feeling yourself age instantly.

At least my wild dream of having six romances simultaneously in Roll 2 Rule came to fruition?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Some guy joined Nedim's Valkyrie as Portugal seemingly for the sole purpose of joining an international coalition against Spain (me) for trying to prevent Greece from acquiring colonies. The situation was diffused with the coalition but we remained at war and he sent no orders, so I annexed Portugal and he claimed Argentina. I don't remember quite how it got there but from that, the First Argentina was born. It's our WWW, our Off-Topic thread.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  11. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

As the ‘historical document’ I linked to proves, people speculate that Argentina might be as locatable as Poland.

GenMarshall likes this.
  12. Tani Coyote

It was carved up by three Emperors? Have the prophesied Brazilian and Chilean monarchies come into being at last?

13. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems

14. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Only the Chilean monarchy is missing, Tani-san. Brazil was a monarchy for long enough.

15. Tani Coyote

Partitionania returns, now with 10x the nuclear weapons!

16. Tani Coyote

I was at a small furry party for July 4th, and at one point we started watching videos and stumbled upon Weebl's videos.

As a result of seeing his Battlefield 1 video, I now have a strong desire to play as France sometime.

17. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

god this website is absolute ass on a mobile browser

Oh my god you did look like her

JohannaK likes this.
  18. Tani Coyote

Spoiler :

Well I know what I'm giving the next IOT character who crushes a communist revolution...

19. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Open back sores?

Tani Coyote likes this.
  20. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Here's a periodic reminder that snitches get stiches