Argentina: The rise of an Empire (RFC:DoC)

Hello and welcome to the first chapter of Argentina: The rise of an Empire. As an argentine myself, I decided to build an empire for my country.

Table of contents:

Chapter 1: Independence, Constitution and War
Chapter 2: Getting serious
Chapter 3: Oil and Prosperity
Chapter 4: War against Brazil
Chapter 5: Baltasar II "The Conqueror"
Chapter 6: Baltasar III "The Crazy"
Chapter 7: Julian I, part 1
Chapter 7: Julian I, part 2
Chapter 8: The Grand Finale
Epilogue
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Settings:
Scenario: 1700 A.D.
Difficulty: Monarch
Speed: Normal

Chapter 1: Independence, Constitution and war.

As our empire waits to be given birth, Egypt declares independence from the turks.

At last, it's alive! However, the world suspects nothing of the future of the nation.

The revolucion de Mayo of 1810 occured to end the tyranical rule of the Spanish Empire. However, their view is about to be hijacked by monarchists. In the later congress of Rosario of 1811, it has been decided that the newborn nation will be an absolutist monarchy instead of the semi-dictatorial goverment that has been proposed. The expansionits method has been also decided. Their main method will be occupationism.

During the consolidation of the monarchy it has been discovered that, before it's birth, it lost several cities. Odd, since before 1811 there was no independent goverment.

Santa Cruz was founded at 1823 by dissatisfied citizens. Note how they are still dissatisfied.

Argentina met some Dutch explorers with emissaries, whom traded Corporation to me for Democracy.

The first of many. The grenadiers failed to destroy the guarding riflemen and Willem had defensive pact with Spain so they declared war on Argentina. But then again I was crossing a river.

Battle of Montevideo
The brigades of cannons and horse grenadiers crossed the Uruguay river, pulverizing the remaining riflemen.

After the crossing, the frigate San Martin left the port of Buenos Aires and bombarded the defenses of Montevideo. Then it's mate, Libertad, left the port and blockaded Montevideo.

When the defenses were weak enough, the cannons attacked Montevideo. Only a few of the cannons survived. Then the Horse Grenadiers as well as some riflemen attacked with medium losses.

Fresco of the Battle of Montevideo (the outskirts).

After the battle of Montevideo the soldiers spotted Brazilian territory.

Fun pic:

That's certainly the worst use for agricultural lands. That was done by automated workers.

Anyway, back on topic. The spanish continously raided argentine territory. They didn't build a large army though. They just sent stacks of 1-2 riflemen continuously that were easily defeated. They also didn't raze my improvements. Santa Cruz was raided only once despite the weak garrison (1 horse grenadier).

I met Victoria and we made a (kinda useless) trade. I gave her Democracy for the world map and 80 gold.

I made peace with Willem Van Orange. I only paid 140 gold. I also met Napoleon whom was angry with me for trading with Victoria.

I think it often happens that Spain collapses on 1700 A.D due to the new civs. I conquered Valdivia and then founded La Serena (Copper in southmost Andes).

--------------------------------------

Well, that's the end of part 1. If you have any complains let me know. This is my first story so it might look too short. This was unintresting due to the fact that I just rebelled from Spain and I needed some Latin American cities.

Stay tuned for Part 2: Getting serious.

Welcome to teh forums!:band::band::band:

We won't eat you or anything, of course.:mischief:

ooo subbed

am i the only one who has noticed all the new stories recently?

it's like we've had more new stories in one week than we did the past month

ooo subbed

am i the only one who has noticed all the new stories recently?

it's like we've had more new stories in one week than we did the past month

Well, that's good! It means people are starting to remember that this part of the forums isn't dead yet!

i never said it was a bad thing, but i just thought with school starting around this time people would be less active on here, it was just really unexpected

I would have put this with other conquest, but it really took me long to seize the territory. Also thank you guys for the support. I thought that I'd get flooded with criticism (not that I hate criticism but I thought that the feedback would have been negative).
Chapter 2: Getting serious.
Imperialism, ever since the arrival of Christopher Colombus on America, consumed European nations ever since. Historical empires like the Inca and the Aztec had been shattered by all of them.

However, in recent years, it has suffered large setbacks. The independence of the Americas provokeda tremendous crisis in Spain which made it collapse, specially against it's failures to stop the United Provinces of the River Plate from annexing it's territories.

Now, one of the conquered and ruined by imperialism becomes the conqueror. It's name is the United Provinces of the River Plate, or better known as Argentina.

Ever since it's independence, Argentina was ambitious and wanted to rule an empire as big as it's former owner, Spain. However, restoring the old Spanish Empire would be suicidal as it would need a titanic military, as well as methods to avoid the population from rebelling to their precedesors. Argentina has none of these. But how about places at other parts of the world? There are many places in the world spared by colonialism/imperialism.

Like for example, China, the crib of oriental civilization. This seems like a good place to start expanding into. The Qing dinasty has split apart into the Hangzhou dinasty and the Pekin dinasty, as well as the independent Guangzhou, leaving the area in political turnoil. It also has plenty of resources like coal, and like IRL China taught us, it's also an excellent potential for agriculture.

No one grabbed it, so Argentina won't let go a tempting prize such as China. The time to act is now.
*plays song*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmM_rlnYnmw

The goverment began to mass-build galleons. After a few years they were complete and the armies began to board. They were given the blessing of the eldery Martin I and then they left on a quest of world domination. Well, at least to dominate China, but if they survived they will go in their quest to create a New Spanish Empire.

Their claim to the Spanish Empire was sort of like the barbarian people's claim that the Holy Roman Empire was the heir of Rome, whlist the former ruled zones that were never conquered by the roman legions and lacked important areas like Hispania, Greece and the Holy Land.

At the turn of the century, they finally set shore on the Hangzhou dinasty territory at it's very capital. From the beggining it seemed like if it was the weakest state. Not even their capital was well-garrisoned. Any decent invasion army could defeat it without substaining heavy loses.

The frigate helped to weaken the garrison of the city, already weakened by other invaders, probabily by Koreans whom already took Shangai. This was another signal that China had to be taken now or never.

Other than a few divisions of cannons, the loses were minimal and Hangzhou was taken with little resistance.

The rest of the Hangzhou dinasty was taken. Harder but still with light loses.

The only exception is Chengdu, which had riflemen with promotions for hill-fighting and due to the lack of troops, Chengdu was spared.

However, other civilizations began to get jealous of Argentinan possesions and began to demand tribute.

(not only Colombia, but also Brazil and France demanded tribute from me).

Since Argentina wasn't in position to fight any of these nations yet, they had no choice but to hand in the tribute they demanded. After all, you don't want to have a Colombian-French-Brazilian coallition to tear apart your empire. For now at least.

A problem that plagued the colony of China was the cultural differences. The chinese had a milenial culture that developed since the ancient times, whlist the argentine culture developed on the colonial era. Immediatly the goverment began to assimilate the chinese culture so that it's subjects won't rebel by paying off famous artists to exhibit their culture. The young were the target as the adults stubbornly kept their culture. This did not crush Chinese culture, but instead generated an offspring mixing chinese and argentine elements.

For 20 years since the fall of the Hangzhou dynasty, the front reached a stalemate. No side had forces to impose over the other. At least until Guangzhou developed semi-automatic rifles and artillery. Along with Pekin, both attacked Argentine China.

Despite the modern technology used by the chinese, the Argentine defeated them because the cannons weakened the flanks of the newly-formed CLA (Chinese Liberation Army) and the mounted grenadiers were experienced at fighting land units. In fact, it was about time an argentine convoy of reinforcements arrived. Due to the attack, Guanzhou was weakly garrisoned, allowing the infamous argentine Mounted Grenadiers to attack the city.

Finally, the city falled under argentine forces, effectively conquering all of southren china.

Despite argentine culture was introduced by their conquerors, it's mix with the chinese culture was becoming popular among chinese youth. Most notoriously Xi'an, whose policemen attempted to disrupt a tango concert pointing out that the locals were supporting the enemy, causing the fans of the tango performers to get angry and attack the army (I really didn't have any other excuse because it's hard to come up with any when less than 10% of the city is argentine culture.). This was a decisive time for the argentines, who attacked and conquered Xi'an, but unlike the previous times, with medium-heavy loses.

Finally, the third convoy of troops arrived. Unlike the two last ones, this one was armed with semi-automatic rifles, similar to the ones used by the CLA. By then, the CLA headquarters were destroyed at the argentine attack of Xi'an and with it, all the modern weaponry, although some sources say it went underground and is preparing to liberate China.

The daysof the Pekin dinasty are counted.

Yep. That's the end of free China's days. For now at least. Now it's korean China and argentine China.

However, it is not the end of Argentinan takeovers on China.

(Chengdu was under the hands of the Mughals when it revolted to me. Oh and by the way, the British empire collapsed).

Who shall be the next target of Argentina's evergrowing empire? Find that out in part 3.

very good update :clap:

but i have a question:how the crap are you still more on the stable side if you just traveled half a world away and conquered china :crazyeye:

oh, and you should conquer brazil, those infidels demanded tribute from the mighty argentine empire, they MUST be punished!

Yeah, I was wondering that as well.

But hey, Argentina owns China now.

Subbed.
Wait, does DoC have Argentina now? Or did you code it in? :crazyeye:

Subbed.
Wait, does DoC have Argentina now? Or did you code it in? :crazyeye:

DoC 1.11 came out roughly a month ago, which mostly adds decolonization features. The new civs that have been added are Mexico, Colombia (respawns of Aztecs and Maya a la Persia to Iran), Brazil, and Argentina.

Ah. What about Canada? :p

No, unfortunately.

It really is quite impressive. China got completely mauled and you are holding back Mughal and Korean culture.

What is the Pahlavi Empire?

Persia. DoC has dynamic names, meaning the names change depending on civ size, religion, era, civics and vassals.

Top Bottom