Arid Map first 100 turn gameplay

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Karl0413, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Karl0413

Karl0413 Prince

Look what I just found on youtube:

Link to video.

People's African Union, first 100 turns, shows second city being founded. And this guy has bad luck with his workers.

2. winddysphere

winddysphere Warlord

Too bad there is no VO in this clip but still awesome.
    Also, I have a feeling that CIV BE wil require less powerful computer than Civ 5, or not?

3. Karl0413

Karl0413 Prince

What do you mean no VO? The guy talks a mile-a-minute in his voice over.

4. Fabien

Fabien Warlord

Nice Video, but I feel he Plays way too fast for someone who has not spent some time in BE yet.

5. winddysphere

winddysphere Warlord

Ah oops. I mean only his voice. No Elodie, Daoming, etc.
    Also he seems to do it too quick.:crazyeye:

6. Epic Eric

Epic Eric Chieftain

So Hutama appears to speak English (he says exactly what the text reads) and the official name of Polystralia is "Commonwealth of the Pacific".

7. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

This guy is so bad it's hard to watch.... He just seems to click things randomly. Why was he chosen for this? :crazyeye: I can only hope someone like MadDjinn will have a video out soon.

8. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

I can understand him zooming through the game. These reviewers want to show as much as possible and do as much as they can with the limited time they have. All in all it was a great video, even though this guy is clearly not a huge Civ 5 fan.

Obviously those worms are a huge PITA. How do you get anything done with those wrecking everything every 5 mins? Almost seems like early workers would be pointless. It took him 10 turns to kill that thing then another one came along. Seems frustrating and it would seem getting a fence up asap will be required, at least in the arid biome.

9. bad_nickname

bad_nickname Chieftain

It's nice to see some gameplay, but... this guy was SO clueless, it was painful to watch :/

10. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

I laughed so hard watching that siege worm take his workers...so much facepalm.

11. winddysphere

winddysphere Warlord

Maybe he's bored or being half forced by Firaxis to do it only 30 minutes. That's my prediction.

12. A Bucket O Spam

A Bucket O Spam Chieftain

I would more say that it was a "luck of the draw" situation. He did right by getting the workers to try to improve quickly, but surely he knew that he should have launched them away from the siege worm, or else disband them for a bit of energy. That is, assuming he did not have them automated, which from the beginning of the video looks like no he did not.

13. waytofailself

waytofailself Chieftain

You get chosen for events like this not for comparative skill in a game but for the number of viewers you can reach. Northernlion has been a very popular youtuber for a long while now. He has never called himself the best player of anything. His unfamiliarity with Civ (which he admitted to multiple times in this video) clearly showed here.

Maybe not the best ambassador for the game, but once again it's about the view count more than the 1337357.

Good to see some early game PAU. I figured the early game would feel far more iterative to Civ V than the late game and this video shows that seems to be the case. I just hope the game gets more divergent as you progress.

14. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Same Game Engine. But it doesn't look like a DX9 version is included (unlike Civ V).
    The official game minimum specs are the same that the min specs for the DX11 version were.

After that there are some things implying that late game lag will be more of a problem in BE than Civ V (fewer game mechanic rules punishing self founding of many cities*, and one of the victory conditions require a lot of space) while there are other things implying that late game lag will be less of a problem in BE (fewer outposts [city state equivalent] , no trade units shown on the maps)

* It basically looks like the main thing intended to put the brakes on REXing is the environment itself. In addition since new settlements start as an outpost and need a city connection to start the process of becoming a full blown city, anyone would founds one right next to another faction may find that outpost taken over by that faction without a war.

15. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

That guy seriously needs some kind of sedative.

16. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Emperor

Well that was underwhelming. He was doing random stuff without any kind of idea. It also was not first 100 turns.

Only thing I get out of this is that it seems that ultrasonic fence is building that you really should build. At least if you are playing in Arid biome.

17. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Confirms that PAU is + growth not + food

8 food terrain
    2 refugees
    3 pop(-6)
    4 growth
    4.4 shown

18. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

Outpost started with a bonus tile, claimed 1 tile per 3 turns, took 15 turns to become a city.
    Outpost does not lower health.

When city was completed, his health dropped to -3 from 2. So its -4 health per city.

Even with unhealthiness(-4), city kept growing normally(no food penalty). But there was -10% science penalty (pop 2 city produced 1.8 science)
    Production was unaffected.

19. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

I wonder how KP's bonus will work with 50% faster cities. That means 6-7 turns. Will they get tiles quicker, some at 1 turn and some at 2 turns? Or perhaps 2 tiles every 3 turns or something? Or will it get 1 tile every 3 turns then on tge 7th get the next 4 all at once.

20. JokerJace

JokerJace Prince

Such a shame that the first first 100 turns video had to be like this... The guy seems completely oblivious about what he is doing and gives much wrong information along the way... Couldn't bring myself to watch it to the end.