Aristocracy Economics (and some republic)

also note: agristocracy/aristogragian is only effective on a map with a lot of grass flatland. On a plains-only starting location, the hammer/food per tile you're missing will hurt a lot, and you'd be better of with a cottage economy.

also note: agristocracy/aristogragian is only effective on a map with a lot of grass flatland. On a plains-only starting location, the hammer/food per tile you're missing will hurt a lot, and you'd be better of with a cottage economy.

Are you sure? Cottages on plains can't feed themselves. You're going to be using Agrarian farms to be able to feed cottages, so why not use Agristocracy? The margins will be closer. If someone can remind me of how much food a city needs to add a pop point I could crunch some numbers.

Crunching numbers could be an indication...but it might be hopeless to try and crunch numbers on this. There are simply too many variables. For example how are you going to include the hammers that plains provide? What about the reduced maintenance from using City States?

With that said, it would be interesting to see what you come up with. :)

As for the plains...on plains heavy games, Agrarian is not a great idea in the first place Aristocracy or otherwise. It's best to head for Sanitation ASAP and leave Agrarian so you can benefit from the hammers of farmed plains.

If someone can remind me of how much food a city needs to add a pop point I could crunch some numbers.
Food required to grow = 6 * [Current Pop] + 60

Edit: Actually, those are the Marathon speed numbers. If I'm not mistaken, on normal speed it will be: 2 * [Current Pop] + 20

Ugh, can't do it. Too many factors to model. Cottages can't feed themselves on plains and Ag-farms make 0 hammers. If you want to live on plains you need a food resource, a source of water, and to use a Great Artist to lightbulb Sanitation pronto.

Top Bottom