1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arkadian Dynasty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Good points from both of you. I had forgotten about the -1 you suffer from fighting brothers of the faith. If they are already pleased, then that impact will already be there also (dow on my friend).

So, right, like you say BCLG100, we're damned if we do and if we don't, so more reason not to let this hold up the completion of the turn session. We might as well proceed with our plans, build up our troops, etc...

Pretend as though religion never spread and deal with it later.

Any other thoughts?

2. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

The good thing is that if lincoln picks up the religion and we both convert to it we will start to build a strong positive modifier with him over the years. This combined with gifting him a resource at some point (rice?) should keep us strong enough to tech trade. I am not sure how high this modifier will go with Lincoln.

Also keep in mind we can always stratigicaly place a city to alow us to visit our mystery neighbor before astronomy if that border does not pop again.

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

If there is gonna be an election soon what are we doing in the hope of winning it?

4. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I'm generally not really a religion guy (see the succession game where we're still pagans). But IIRC, there's no competing religion, so we won't piss anyone off, and because we're relatively low on happiness, the + 1 :) might come in handy (especially if we need to counter war weariness).

5. Seidrik_The_Gray

@Blastoid - I agree, and trading resources usually sits at +1 and I've never seen this higher than +2, you can get another +2 from keeping your relations fair and forthright or somesuch also. Point is, we go to war with Spain, it's to take her out, as multiple wars will seriously damage the potential relationship with Lincoln. Also, the mystery neighbor is something, we as a civilization should send a galley to determine or build a city, etc...sooner rather than later.

@ BCLG100 I have heard from around 2-4 people who have stated they would join after this term was over. So, we'll have a population in the faction, hopefully of at least 6. Our platform has broad appeal. The platform may need some refinement though, so everyone please feel free to comment in hopes of making it more appealing and/or the message more concise and simplified but still powerful.

Judging from the result of the past ellection, it is hard to be in power without being in a coallition/alliance. I am open to PM ideas on this. However, for now, I feel we should remain unaligned and keep our options open.

My goal now is to focus on 1) either getting the 5th session finished and 2) planning and running the 6th sessions just prior to the ellection or 3) If the 5th session is done, and only one more session remains, then just planning and running the 6th session.

I really want to see Arkadia founded prior to the ellection, and I want to get some discussion wrapped up on the agenda items in the beginning of this thread.

6. Seidrik_The_Gray

Another way to look at it is to feverishly accept Hinduism, spread it to Lincoln, but somehow also get the war going with Hatty soon. Like BC says, if we have the same religion as Lincoln, then that would counter the hit from DOW on their friend. This logic may outweigh any ancellary reason for improving happiness, but that's another reason.

You are all pursuading me toward pushing for accepting Hinduism now. However, I still don't like that we had to stop the session because it spread to our lands. Selfish reasons, I suppose.

Let's get over to gameplay area and push for adopting Hinduism and getting on with the rest of the play session and getting the war plans moving then, eh?

7. Seidrik_The_Gray

Agenda and decision archive updated.

We need to get rolling on a cohesive platform, assuming ellections are coming soon. Need thoughts on this by Friday.

Strategy and Merchant members
    Please provide input today and tomorrow on how to run the remainder of session 5, assuming it is the session that I am to play???

8. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Which specific in-game items do we still need to decide on?

9. Seidrik_The_Gray

Anything wrong with the session 5 instructions? Is there enough there to get us through this last session, up to Alphabet, stop prior to tech trades and not adopt Hinduism.

Ok, Scout movement orders, Horse Archer orders (One to copper in south, one to troll for barbs in North) Others? Can we squeez in a settler from Arete, what would that do to us? We need to collect build queues from faction leaders and the instruction set, we need worker orders...also from the leaders and the instructions.

10. Seidrik_The_Gray

My weekend is shot. Dutch, BCLG100, Joe...can either of you play the session this weekend or should I dip into the DP guild?

I would recommend going with what each of the city defacto governors have stated for build queues and worker orders. I would send a Horse Archer to guard that copper in the South, and if it so much as sees a Spanish settler headed its way, then time to DOW.

Scout should map out the area in the SW of our continent, then move East.

Focus military on build up for war. No sense in extra units like warriors. Let's go balls to the wall or pull back, yes or no against Spain, no wishy-washy unit builds.

To be honest, founding Arkadia doesn't seem like a great move right now, unless we're not going to war with Spain right away. I would say focus on the war effort, then after the Spanish dye city is taken out, found Arkadia.

Everything else I've said should stand. Please look over the current session 5 threads from the Gameplay area and bring tweaks here or discussion here, and let's get it rolling.

I do need to find someone to play the session though, and then from that person, I need a good time for them (2200 GMT seems to be when these things are typically run, is that the best time?) and then I need to let everyone here know when it's happening.

11. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I could probably play, but I'm not sure I can give a definite time, as I've got a holiday, and there's a decent chance I'm going to do some activities.

12. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

A tweek with the scout.

I would first use him to scout spanish lands (same as before) But i would keep him in spanish lands until a horse archer could replace him. His job is to watch for a settler that could be going towards copper. It is more important, in my opinion, to see this than to scout what is to the west of Hatty. Once a horse archer can ncpome over to replace the scout. The scout should move west to the ocean, then scout back east.

13. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

I could play if everyone else doesn't want to, but it would have to be an offline seesion. :)

14. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Time: Sunday evening? ;)

15. Joe Harker

Yeah that would be fine, it's a bank holiday so i have monday off as well,

16. Seidrik_The_Gray

We can't do an offline session. However, if we agree to go with the turn 5 instructions already set up with the exception of what Blastoid mentions for the scout, then we should be fine with running a session Sunday night if one of you could run in via the turnchat channel.

17. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I was referring to your first turnchat, with it's accurate timestamp :) (though I forgot your exact wording.)

What about Sunday 1 PM GMT (2 PM in England, 3 PM in the Netherlands), Joe Harker as Designated Player, me as back-up?

edit: X-posted with kwp, I'll be the first player then, since I can do it online. If I can't make it, we could still decide to let Joe take it (which would make it an offline session, but better than no session).

Why can't we do offline btw?

18. Joe Harker

Well thank you! :D

Not planning anything (turkish grand prix is the weekend after this one i think) so yes that would be fine :), like dutch i am not sure what the objection is to a offline session? :confused: (if there is an objection then i am happy to be the back up)

19. Seidrik_The_Gray

Sounds great! Thank you dutch! I will post the time in the gameplay section. Thank you both again. Unfortunately, I have several birthday parties and many home projects to get to the weekend :(

Remember what we discussed and post screenshots and the chat summary per usual, plus, I know you guys have been here before, so I'm sure you may even have a better idea of expectations than I do at this point, lol.

I can't wait to read about it on Monday :)

~kwp

20. Joe Harker

dutchfire, do you want to do the turnchat or shall I :)