1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arkadian Dynasty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, Apr 22, 2008.

1. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

As I can do it online, it might be better for me to do it (yes, I want to :))

2. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Ok, If you haven't reported in after an hour from your start (1pm GMT, 2pm BST right?) then i will take it from there :)

3. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

:goodjob: Sounds right!

4. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Arkadia has been founded :)

5. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Spain has recently acquired copper, which threatens our war plans. Therefor I suggest declaring war this turn. Of course, we should first trade with them, to make some profit. We can trade Alphabet for masonry+meditation with them. Then we can declare war. I suggest sending horse archer #1 together with our scout towards the northern copper. They should pillage it and then go on to pillage the surroundings of Madrid. Meanwhile Edorai (horse archers) and New Giruvegan (axemen) produce an army to take and raze Barcelona. We can then move towards Madrid, and capture it. It will greatly profit us to take Madrid, since it has 2 (!) gems, rice and banana's. It will be a great city.

After the Spanish war, I think we should expand peacefully, trying to block Babylon, and mainly expanding towards Lincoln. New Giruvegan with it's good production can build some wonders. I strongly suggest the Shewdagon Pawa (yeah, I probably didn't spell that right :)), because we will have gold there, to make it cheaper.

I also think it would be a good idea to revolt to Hinduism immediately, since it will make our people happy.

For research, I suggest Aesthetics (15/17 turns), so New Giruvegan can start building wonders immediately after the war. I also suggest researching Mathematics and Currency soon, to improve our economy and to facilitate chopping.

6. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Sounds good, if there was any plan for war.

7. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

when is the next election btw? Yesterday, Provolution mentioned "Tomorrow", which would be now, but I don't see anything yet.

8. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

The Blastoid humbly asks to join The Arkadian Populist Regime. He sees this faction as a way to unite a divided people in a fair and forthright manner.

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I have resigned from the Warlords Faction, participation within the Faction is non-existent. I have read through all of the Factions platforms and am more in line with the views and structure here then anywhere else. So please sign me up. I will participate in both the RP and Gameplay.

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I don't agree with this part of the plan, building Pawa is just an immense waste of hammers- the civics which it unlocks are easily unlocked if need be so it seems we're only building it for the culture bonus well we may as well build something else that is of benefit.

I think if we come up with a research plan we should stick to it and not change it around every few turns and whilst aesthetics is a good trading piece generally with the AI we may as well head towards monarchy/CS asap to actually make use of the food lying around.

Hinduism isn't a game breaker for me but i see no reason not to switch.

11. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

I agree that PAWA is not partiuclaily usefull in this game. I only get it when I am planning to completely ignore the religious path. I would rather invest in Great Library than Pawa if we go in that direction

12. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

That's fine by me too.

13. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I believe it's "Paya"...? :mischief:

14. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Paya, Pawa, Paga, whatever. It's the large golden thingie :)

15. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Good morning Arkadia! It's good to be back and to see so much activity while I was away. There has been so much going on and I am so proud to have so many able members of the faction to carry on in my absence.

First, I think a round of Ale at Poverty's Pub is well over due for dutchfire and Joe Harker taking the reigns and getting session 6 played over the weekend. (Crowd cheers) Secondly, if you haven't had a chance to view the beautiful relief of our new home on its founding day, then please view the canvas to my left (smiles and waves toward a canvas twice the size of himself, with patches of horse hide and pigs hide sewn to reveal the terrain as portrayed by local artists of Arkadia from a bird's eye view.)
    As you can see, our city is blessed by trees, cattle, a river, and something that some people here call silk, but we have yet to learn how to use it. As the material is strong, soft, and shiney at the same time, I'm sure it may one day make beautiful clothes and such things in the future.

Now, let me address our newest members. Please welcome Lord Civius and Blastoidstalker. They are some of the finest citizens in Aretania and I am proud and humbled by their desire to join our city and our growing faction. You are both warmly welcomed to join, as are all, who feel that they want a greater appreciation from their government, and a greater role to play.

Let us turn our attention now to the coming elections. It is true that the elections were supposed to start yesterday, the 5th of this month. However, I haven't seen any official action yet from the current ruling party. I will therefore, announce our faction's campaign today, along with our platform. As your founder, I would like you all to pledge publically your support for one among us that you feel would best lead us. Naturally (smiling) I hope that I have your support to lead us through this first ellection. (Crowd laughs)

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Is one of your character trait's an inability to spell 'election' correctly? ;)

17. Diamondeye

:lol::agree:

18. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Errrrr....that's how you spell it in Aretanian....(wink wink nudge nudge)

Would you believe that my "l" key sticks when I type election? LOL

19. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

Thank you for the invitation.

I am in.

Best regards,

20. Diamondeye

A small suggestion from a citizen not part of the APR:
    "Please, do not send the Blastoid-Gaiyut scouting party too close to the spanish borders. They are few and poorly armed, and my brother Sindar is among them. I fear for his safety, should he enter spanish territory."