1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arkadian Dynasty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, Apr 22, 2008.

1. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

After miles of walking, I finally made it to Arkadia. Recently independent, I ask for acceptance into this faction, never to return to Arete or New Giruvegan.

As the story said, I quit the Protectors to join you because the faction seemed inactive and dead. I want to be part of this faction as an equal, as everyone else is. I did a lot to the Protectors, but I never got anything back, so I hope to be wanted. And to the Protecters... Good luck with further endeavors!

2. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

New members are always welcome. Please feel free to chime in on anything that we are discussing. Most of the action involves the platform at the moment and the elections.

3. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I am glad you have found a new place to do your bidding, Civplayah, and I am sorry if I have insulted you personally in any way. I hope that we can work together later on, as the Aretans we both are.

The Protectors are fiddling with the last details, but we should be ready to make a move soon ;)

4. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I accept your apology, though I still feel my work was not being appreciated by you or AlKnight, so Arkadia is my home for the moment. However, if something I'm utterly opposed to- in this faction- happens, I will be glad to come back to you, oh wise Head of Faith.:king:

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Kwarriorpoet, I am inviting your faction to join Freedom Coalt., please respond either wih PM, or just replying to me.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Why dont those in the freedom coalition simply join the APR, its pretty similar views etc. Personally i don't see the need in a coalition- no offence but thus far your coaltion seems to have about two active people in.

7. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

After the fiasco of the first PF I stand against a formal coalition. Having ally factions is important but I hope we have all learned the lessons of the Triad Coalition. I would ask the Freedom Coalition to join our ranks or stand by us as we lead the great people of Arete.

8. Diamondeye

After some days where noone has heard from either Diamondeye or the dying Aelbeorht, Diamondeye enters the house where Seidrik and his co-members are discussing the last issues of their election platform. His face is pale, and his clothes are new and marbly white, the clothes of the Head of Faith. The adolescent looks so pale and thin that he looks like a child with some kind of disease. When he speaks, his words have a new kind of accent. It is sad, and drenched in responsability and authority.

"Seidrik, I know I am late, but certain things got in the way. As you know, Aelbeorht, my stepfather and leader of the protectors, is dying. He could not travel here and is currently resting in New Giruvegan. He has appointed me the Head of Faith from now on."

Here Diamondeye pauses significantly, before adding, with a loud voice:

"I therefore, in my new position as leader of the Protectors of Faith, announce that we will be supporting the Arkadian Populist Regime in the upcoming election. Seidrik has promised me that we will be given full responsability for the religious affairs of Aretania, and I have gladly accepted. I am pleased to be among you, my new friends, as well as my old friends Seidrik and Civplayah. Let us pray that we will be able to rule the people of Aretania with justice and fairness for a long time to come."

Diamondeye silences for a moment before approaching Seidrik and hugging him.

"I know we are doing the right thing. May the gods be with us."

9. Seidrik_The_Gray

Every leader great and small tries their best to incorporate the needs and desires of all those whom they lead. However, in the end, it is the leader who bears the responsability for the results of the chosen course of action. It is therefore, the leader's right to listen, take advice, but then make a decision and stand by it...it's more than a right, it's a duty, one that a great leader is able to do with compassion towards those, with whom he did not find common ground.

I am happy to have you onboard civplayah, but I do sincerely hope that you and the Protectors of Faith can find a place of reconciliation. I would not want any bad blood to spill out and impact Aretania nor the APR.

That said, though, all are welcome, and your views are always heard here in the APR.

/ooc Like I tell my wife, "Listening doesn't mean that I have to do what you say." Disclaimer: Be careful when you use this line, lol!

10. Seidrik_The_Gray

Good to see you Diamondeye! This is great news! It is always great news to hear that one has new friends! Especially those with the favor of the Gods, eh? This calls for a celebration! Barbeque and Ale at my house near the Vida river to the west. I'm sure we could all use a break before the debates really begin.

/ooc Diamondeye and myself have been in talks for quite some time, and their support will significantly increase our chances. I have pledged to him that his faction will control religious affairs should our faction win. It is not really a coallition, but more of a mutual partnership. Our faction rules with their support, and the Protectors of Faith control religious affairs. I will also give them more autonomy and favor in terms of the needs of New Giruvegan. Please welcome their members as you would a member of our faction.

11. Seidrik_The_Gray

I am also against any formal coallition of shared rule unless it is specific and the roles are well-defined and do not diminish the role of the prime faction. Look at the example just initiated between the APR and the Protectors of the Faith. Our faction's leadership role is undisturbed, and the price for their support was control over religious affairs and a little more say in how they run New Giruvegan. I, as leader of the APR, still hold the final say, so in terms of executive powers, the APR is undisputed.

12. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes I would consider the Protectors an ally and well deserving of the religious appointment. I was talking about the formal coalition of the Triad where three factions united and shared Gameplay. It should be one PF who plays the turns and makes the decisions while harkening to the voices of the people.

13. Seidrik_The_Gray

Totally agree with you.

14. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

On a non-election note. I am starting another great horse race at the Hall of Thundering Hooves. Sign up if you want to race the more we have the more fun and chaos will insue. First prize is 5 steeds.

15. Diamondeye

Agree.

Diamondeye smiles at Seidrik before turning away from him. It sounds like fun, but I have matters to attend to. I am sorry to decline your invitation, and I would be glad to see your home some other time, after all this... stress. I have to make sure that Aelbeorht is treated with the proper respect and that his last days will not be days filled with hard decision and advicing the common people of Aretania. I need to fulfill these tasks myself now. With power comes responsability. I hope we are both capable of that. I will see you again soon, all."

With these sad words, Diamondeye leaves the house. Although his skin is still pale, there are no longer any water in his eyes, and his back is ranked as he walks off.

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I just read the how to set up a faction thread thing, it says you can only pick one civic for the duration of its life per faction, does this mean if we get to hered rule we will have to dissolve this faction and start again?

Also if we are looking at hered rule this term should be a fairly short one as we shall need to change fairly sharpish to get its maximum benefit.

17. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes I have brought this up and this faction will have to dissolve. Though it will no doubt reemerge under a different name. I have actually been working on a great rp idea for HR.

18. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

If we need to dissolve the faction after researching monarchy, which could be 10-15 turns, then this election makes no sense :crazyeye:

19. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

You've been here long enough to know that some things just don't make sense ;)

By the way, I've been absent for a couple of days, anything interesting happened here?

20. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Ideally, two people (enough for a faction) might break away and form a HR faction, and call for a rebellion as the act of changing civics. The rebellion itself becomes the referendum on the civic change. If multiple HR factions form, then we just have an early election.

We do need to do that quickly when it happens. Someone should work in the background to be prepared with a platform when the time comes. :mischief: