1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arkadian Populist Regime Election Platform

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, May 6, 2008.

1. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I hear you on the happiness front. Honestly, if Confucianism had been founded already (I haven't seen that event in any turn chats, have either of you?) then I would be happy going Monarchy first. Catapults for War would be nice, but would require Math and then Catapults and if we DOW in the next couple turns or so, then Hatty may be on the ropes by then anyway, and a war with Lincoln is not on the horizon. I will think on this. I admit that I am partial to the tech path that I thought we had already hashed out, but if I hear some great arguments against Code of Laws first then I will be amenable to a change.

2. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Am i the only one who's very worried about going to war without catapults?

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Depends the most we're going to be up against is archers with a city defence and perhaps horses. If i was playing this by myself i'd be in slavery whipping us a force. I'm more worried about going to war with 2 or 3 units. I also don't see much use for this war for the time being either, we still have plenty of room to expand.

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

If we are to go to war next turn session I suggest we start cranking HA's out of all cities. 5 HA's plus the Axe should leave no doubts in anyones mind of a quick and decisive victory.

Thus, though we have heard of stupid haste in war,
    cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.

5. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

I agree. I feel like we should be able to take Spains satelite cities and raise there lands, But I feel we will need cats for the capitol. Wew can start the war without them, but i think we will need them before the end.

I also think that to get a force out fast we need to start chopping or whipping. Mathmatics will make the choping more effective and the whipping makes slavery essential.

6. Seidrik_The_Gray

Slavery is the one item in the strategy that you all bring up that may be a serious sticking point. From a game play perspective, I am in total agreement with you all. Spain's capital will indeed be difficult without Catapults.

War with Spain is easier now than later, and the cultural pressure is a consideration also.

First phase would be resources, workers, and satellites...we'd stay at war for a while, building up a force that could confidently take her out.

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

To be honest we're the only group with a platform and the only active group across the board, presumably that should mean we're a shoe in, the triad havent even made an appearance for three days!

8. Seidrik_The_Gray

True...I was going to start an election poll on Friday morning and let it run through Tuesday.

I will say such in the citizens thread, although I hate to clutter it up.

9. blastoidstalker

It looks like Daveshack has gotten it started. We need two more of us to stand as leaders for the thread.

I am willing to stand as one of the names but am fine if others want to take these spots.

10. Joe Harker

As it stands me and Fed want the Master of Hammer and Plow title, (we could share it)

And BCLG100 has the research job thingy! (whatever you call it! :))

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I'd like the senior diplomat Title.

On the war I do not see a need for catapults. The Capital has 2 Archers and Barcelona has 1 Archer. Lets say they add 1 Archer to each City by the time we reach the cities for attack. 3 HA's + 1 Axe to clean up an Archer if he somehow defeats one of our HA's is adequate #s for the Capital. 2 HA's should have no problem wiping out the Archers in Barcelona. I know it is a gamble as we would be counting on our HA's to wipe out the Archers on a 1/1 ratio, but I am against a long drawn out war. We should either strike after we build a round of HA's or wait and hope we get Iron for swords later.

12. Joe Harker

I don't feel bad about taking Barcelona without cats, but Madrid, with a 40% bonus (i think), it isn't enough to have only shock troops, unless you want high casulties.

13. Seidrik_The_Gray

Positions edited!

fed1943, Lord Civius, Joe Harker, and BCLG100 all changed. Let me know ASAP if these look good to you.

14. blastoidstalker

Ravensfire asks a good question in the GP election discussion thread about how turn sessions are handled.

I think Instructiuon threads, summary threads and who makes decisions is all well addressed in our platform and Kwarrior started the idea of a turn player guild which i think shows are initiative on these issues. I do think that we may want to discuss how often and how long our turnsessions will be.

My first thoughts is to have 2 turn seesions per week, each 5 turns long. I think we are to the point that we need shorter turn sessions and with 4 cities now, alphabet tech trading, resource trading, and most importantly a war coming up in which tactics will be important.

We also may want to discuss how long we will go until we hold the next election. We are going COL then Monarchy, so I would think that we would hold an election at monarchy as we will want a civics change at this point.

15. Seidrik_The_Gray

I am an aggressive player...and yes, a gambler at times. Taking Madrid quickly would be the final blow in the war I foresee. Taking out satellite cities, resources, workers, these are where our HAs will be most effective. I see the point about Catapults for Madrid. I would like to keep our tech path as is for now, then allow for future events to dictate when to insert Construction. I'm certain Lincoln will not let us have Construction when/if he researches it in the next 50 turns. However, perhaps we'll get lucky or find that we suddenly have a large army of CR Axemen and Swordsmen....

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

You know we don't *have* to go to war with spain, why don't we just wait?

edit- i thought i was becoming Grand Cardinal Vizier? i was liking the ring to my title!

17. Seidrik_The_Gray

I will make it so! You are now the Grand Cardinal Vizier!

As to war with Spain...Honestly, there are two reasons. Holy city and cultural push from Spain. Arkadia is in a great position for a commercial city, but I have my doubts about our ability to hold off the cultural influence of Barcelona and Madrid.

Thoughts?

18. Joe Harker

I am not asking to wait such a long time that Arkadia runs out of tiles, just until cats and WE maybe.

19. blastoidstalker

I think the big advantage to war sooner than later is that we can keep her from producing copper based units. With only archers to defend she will be very week and we can pillage at will. This will lengthen her prospective time to feudelism, which will make her easier to take as well. If we can rid her country of improvements we can keep her at a major disadvantage

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Yeah ok so we go to war and just sit a couple of units on her copper- unless we can attack i can't see any major benefit to full on military production just yet.