Armenian Empire for Warlords

Okay! He looks alright. Some small critiques though.;) Only to make it more historically accurate. His armor, very well done by esnaz, should be silver. The cape should be red. And his helmet, at the top, should have that red stuff.:) Other than that, nice work! (esnaz):goodjob:

Drtad said:
Okay! He looks alright. Some small critiques though.;) Only to make it more historically accurate. His armor, very well done by esnaz, should be silver. The cape should be red. And his helmet, at the top, should have that red stuff.:) Other than that, nice work! (esnaz):goodjob:

esnaz is hard at work on some other stuff, but I can probably make the changes. I'm not exactly sure what you're suggesting with the helmet. The other two changes should be easy enough.

With the helmet, hear is a picture, I mean the fluffy black stuff on top of the helmet, kinda Roman style. By the way, the background for Vartan should be the same one I posted for Andranik, Mount Ararat.

Attachments

• vartan.gif
    vartan.gif
    160.5 KB · Views: 220
I will soon release an update of the mod allowing the new XML changes from Warlords 2.08, the Qin/Kublai swap, as well as an animated Saint Vartan Mamikonian leaderhead!:king:

Mod updated with all changes from 2.08 patch and animated Vartan!

Mod updated to 2.2 fixing the Mamikonian LH and editing some text files and adding a partial Italian translation by me.

I will release an update soon adding new graphics for the Shoogah building and possibly other things.:mischief:

New version uploaded! Version 2.3 adds an animated Andranik Pasha leaderhead! (courtesy of Amra)

Here ya go, look at the first page.

This is my first mod ever! It allows the Armenian Empire as a playable civilization. Try to play as the first nation to adopt Christianity as the state religion!

Version 2.3
Leaders: Vartan Mamikonian (animated!), Emperor Tigranes II, General Andranik (also animated), King Drtad III
UU: Armenian Legionary (Swordsman) Strength 7, can go through peaks, has 10% withdrawal chance cost increased to 45, no terrain cost on hills, defends better on hills
UB: Shoogah (Market) adds one happy and one health (Armenian food;) )
Added civilopedia text, Armenian Legionary reskin and button added, Vartan Diplomacy added, Flag decal fixed, custom music for Vartan and Drtad, all civilopedia entries added, all diplomacy added favorite civics fixed, fixed Mamikonian LH, Andranik now animated

Thanks to Wyz_sub10 for his Armenian Legionnaire, and thanks to Wyz and esnaz for the animated Vartan Mamikonian LH, Amra for his Andranik LH.

the file: Drtad's Armenia
It looks great, just remember next time to make it more realistic, you know the armenian soldiers must have Armenian look (very darkskinn and stuff), other than that it looks amazing.

Regards!

Actually, antique Armenians were mostly blond haired and blue eyed, like I am.;) Some Armenians have very dark skinned today, but in Roman times and previously, they were much lighter. For example, the Assyrians call the early Armenians, the Nairi, which implies that Armenians were very light people.

Great work!! But... does it work with the latest "Beyond the sword" ? If not, how to make it work?

that could be excellent!

just wonder why didn't they make the mods to be compatible with all versions of Civ 4. it sounds quite unconvenient: to rewrite the mod for each new version.

great mod, tried to play it on a mac and it gave me a bunch of XML errors. I replaced some incompatible characters in GameTextInfos_armenia.xml, on the pedia lines Drtad and Levon and it works like a charm - thanks for the time you spent making this!

as the first post says it is for Warlords not Beyond the Sword. I know that as of a couple of weeks ago Drtad was still yet to get BtS and was unsure if he was going to.
Yeah, I have still yet to get BTS.

I plan to get it soon, though. I haven't been able to keep any promises lately so please take that with a grain of salt.:lol:

Once I do, I will remake my Armenian civ for sure.

Yeah, I have still yet to get BTS.

I plan to get it soon, though. I haven't been able to keep any promises lately so please take that with a grain of salt.:lol:

Once I do, I will remake my Armenian civ for sure.

I updated this civ for my mod a month or so ago, staying true to your original work ofcourse ;)

Top Bottom