1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Army, Navy and Air Ranks Promotion Buttons

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by WilliamOfOrange, Jan 11, 2013.

1. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

I have been working on a GI Joe mod and as I plan to use the file cards of the characters I have rank to consider. I have whipped up some promotions buttons for enlisted, officers and even warrants for Army, Marines, Air, Navy and Coast Guard and thought some might like to use them. Please feel free to use, but let me know.

Also, I quite enjoy making buttons so am open to requests. I mainly try to work in the style of the game for background and such. An example would be the pilot promotions that I have included.

Take a look...I appreciate the feedback.

Attached Files:

2. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

I have a request you might be interested in.

I have created some new promotions for Dale's Combat Mod that increase the success rate of Ranged Bombardment. What I have done is take the Accuracy promotion and added an Accuracy II and Accuracy III. I have taken the effect that was previously on the Accuracy promotion (+8% City Bombard Damage) and am moving it to a currently unnamed promotion.

So, my request to you would be taking the current Accuracy promotion and designing a button for Accuracy II and Accuracy III. Also, a button for the currently unnamed promotion with the City Bombard Damage.

No sweat if you decide to pass. :)

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

They buttons look in general very nice :), but they seem here (haven't checked them ingame) to be a bit blurry (besides the last one). Not sure if that might be fixable :dunno: (might also be that it's must my eyes ^^).

4. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

@ripple...give me a few days. I had something like that on my old hard drive and can make one again.

@J....thanks for the comments. I merely copied and pasted from a website. I didn't even need to resize them and whipped up the whole set in about 30 min, but I agree they are a tad blurry. I will try them in game and see how they look.

5. Folket

Folket Deity

I thought it looked good as a little blury as it looks like they are on cloth.

6. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

Thanks Folket. That's what I originally thought, but I will still test them in game as I hope that still are discernible when they are small on the screen interface. I might be crazy, but I detect a slight angle on the navy/cg promos..they don't seem perpendicular.

Ripple...here they are. You have your choice of basic or modeled after the Medic promos. What were you thinking for the bombard damage? Is that to your liking?

Attached Files:

7. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

Thanks, man, those will work great. I'm going to go with the ones modeled after the Medic promos. Accuracy 2 will kinda look like a pair of hooters.

8. Arian

Arian No more ghostbusting!!

About those blurry buttons, here's the fix.

9. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

Accurate hooters....yeah :lol:

Arian...thanks, I use the plug in for Photoshop. I didn't save it on DXT3, but 8,8,8,8 ARGB, I think 32 bit. I have this theory that more bits means better colour, but haven't really noticed any difference.

The reason they are blurry are from the gif I took them from. I might try making some with a sharpened base image, but it might not be for a while as I am moving and stuff this weekend.

10. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

Okay, I took the original source and sharpened them before flattening. I whipped it up...hot keys, my friends, it's all about the hot keys. :D

I agree that they look a bit better, but I am still not sure which ones I would use. I didn't touch the WO ranks b/c I thought they were pretty focused.

I have uploaded a new .rar with the sharpened images so people can download both and decide. Any mods using them, please let me know. Thanks.

Attached Files: