army question

grandad

Chieftain
Can a populated Army be transported on a caravel? Unfortunately have no galleons available (yet), and have to use caravels, which can transport 3 units. Does a full army count as 3 or 4 units (or perhaps even 1?). Would like to know before I use my GL.....

A full army (pre-Pentagon) takes up four spaces on any transport, one for the army and one for each of the three units for four total. Thus, you need galleons (or better) to transport a fully army.

OTOH, you can make an army, load it in a caravel to transport it, and "fill it" when you get to the other side. (Variations like loading two units initially and then one on the "other side" are of course possible).

This is all pre-1.17f, but I would guess it hasn't changed.

Arathorn

Thanks Arathorn - just what I needed to know.
Guess I will have to divert production to a galleon!

Another question: why can an Army not pillage? (I am still in patch 1.16).
Have so far not really been impressed with armies: my first one, with 3 cavalry, was wiped out by an attack of just 1 cavalry.

Well armies in early ages as middle ages and industrial ages, but after that armies are pretty useless (I think so). When you got two or three modern armors and one enemy army with cavalry, most times enemy army loses 'cause only army that beats defending modern armor is armt with modern armors and that isn's such a good idea. When units like modern armors are put in an army, they lose their special ability to attack three times per turn and that SUCKS!

Originally posted by Byzama
When units like modern armors are put in an army, they lose their special ability to attack three times per turn and that SUCKS!

If you install the patch 1.17f, it's not true anymore. Moreover: recently I was surprised when I realized that I was able to attack TWICE with a cavalry army - so if your army is fast enough, it may attack more than once.

Slawomir Stachniewicz

Top Bottom