Army size

Samez

Emperor
Did ever someone make bigger armys (ie. 5 or six units or even ten in one army) and if yes have they been so overpowererd as I expect them to be. (hmm well but with so many units you would loose a lot of atts per turns for one unit with huge HPs....
Does someone know if there is a limit for units in armys and if there is a limit of possible HPs

Don't know... But who would make an army that holds 100 units?

Did a quick calculation.

Assuming, the unit is Elite, modded to have 20 HP when Elite, modded to have 20 HP bonus, army modded to hold 100 units, modded to have 20 HP bonus:

The army (when fully loaded) has 4,020 HP.

hmmm I am not quite sure. there are also alot of disadvantages like if your units just have a movement of 1 you will just have a superarmy with 2 attacks per turn instead of say 100 attacks per turn.

Army units in C3C with more than 4-5 units get so ridiculously high combat bonuses that they're practically undefeatable except by other such armies.

Any army of twelve Vet Cav would be effectively 24.12.4 48HP with the Increased Army Value bonus.

Samez said:
hmmm I am not quite sure. there are also alot of disadvantages like if your units just have a movement of 1 you will just have a superarmy with 2 attacks per turn instead of say 100 attacks per turn.

Just give the units loading in 100 MP.

Then it can attack 101 times. :yeah:

Hmm well thank you all!
Okay as I see there is no HP limit and so there is no need for big armies (Well I just thought about this to use it for the Horde of Ghengis Khan rushing strait to Europe.... )

Samez said:
Hmm well thank you all!
Okay as I see there is no HP limit and so there is no need for big armies (Well I just thought about this to use it for the Horde of Ghengis Khan rushing strait to Europe.... )
There is an HP limit.

Elite: 20 HP max.
HP Bonus: 20 HP max.

The Last Conformist said:
Army units in C3C with more than 4-5 units get so ridiculously high combat bonuses that they're practically undefeatable except by other such armies.

Any army of twelve Vet Cav would be effectively 24.12.4 48HP with the Increased Army Value bonus.

Ok, I am a bit confused here. A single Cav is 6.3.3 and a standard 3-4 units Cav Army is 6.3.4. So how does 24.12.4 add up?? :confused:

I always thought Army's A/D/M value is an average of the unit inside it. But 24.12 is like 4X of 6.3 ?:confused:

No, it's a custom mod. (playground)

The unit I loaded in had 28/15 as the attack/defense.

And yes, it is. I just simply added in 100 28/15s.

Dark Sheer said:
Ok, I am a bit confused here. A single Cav is 6.3.3 and a standard 3-4 units Cav Army is 6.3.4. So how does 24.12.4 add up?? :confused:

I always thought Army's A/D/M value is an average of the unit inside it. But 24.12 is like 4X of 6.3 ?:confused:
In C3C (not Vanilla or PTW) an army gets an attack bonus equal to one sixth of the sum of the attack values of the constituent units, and analoguously for defense. Thus, a three-Swordsman army gets an attack bonus of (3+3+3)/6=1.5, meaning it attacks with an effective strength of 4.5 (and defends with an effective strength of 3).

If you've got a wonder with the Increased Army Value effect (normally assigned to the Mil Acad), the bonus i one forth instead - our Swordsman army would have a bonus of (3+3+3)/4=2.25 instead.

In Epic C3C, once you've got the Mil Acad and the Pentagon, your full armies thus fight with double the stated strengths.

That one didn't have all of those fancy things. It was just an army with 100 units loaded in it.

The Last Conformist said:
In C3C (not Vanilla or PTW) an army gets an attack bonus equal to one sixth of the sum of the attack values of the constituent units, and analoguously for defense. Thus, a three-Swordsman army gets an attack bonus of (3+3+3)/6=1.5, meaning it attacks with an effective strength of 4.5 (and defends with an effective strength of 3).

If you've got a wonder with the Increased Army Value effect (normally assigned to the Mil Acad), the bonus i one forth instead - our Swordsman army would have a bonus of (3+3+3)/4=2.25 instead.

In Epic C3C, once you've got the Mil Acad and the Pentagon, your full armies thus fight with double the stated strengths.
That's good to know, thanks. :)

Bluemofia said:
That one didn't have all of those fancy things. It was just an army with 100 units loaded in it.
Forgive me if I doubt you, but I've spent some considerable time looking for a possibility to switch off these bonuses, and not found any.

Top Bottom