Armys overrated?

maddskillz

Lord Skillz The Angry One
I used to be a big supporter of armies early on in the game (hence the first two of the four periods) but as I near industrial and modern times with artillery and bombers I think armies are worthless.

Why bunch up four modern armor elite units with a great leader when you can use them seperate for up to EIGHT ATTACKS! I mean as an army you get one attack and that's it. It's great for ancient and middle ages as you don't have any units to soften up the defense (catapults suck) and a strong army can knock out the strongest defense unit, giving you a chance to advance the rest of your offense.

But in industrial and modern with bombers and artillery, I just don't see the need. Not to mention great leaders are almost worthless too as I am in 2003 and have all wonders built.

Armys = jury's still out on it. I say keep your units seperate and wreck 8 times the havoc!

I think you should heal faster, or have better movement, maybe even 2 attacks per turn. But aside from the defense bonus I just don't see the need. Use bombers and artillery!

Those armies make excellent mobile artillery bases because the AI will not attack them. They are also very useful for defending a recently captured, hotly contested city.

Top Bottom