Arnes Shipyard [Sailing Ship Units]

Arne

King
This is my collector thread for my sailing ship unit skins and -models. I allready made some units for my SPQR mod and I have start making some more some time ago. Here you will find, what I did so far and here will be a preview for other ships, I'm working on.

First I have to say thank you to Charly and White_Rabbit, who made the 3D-parts of this modells. (I'm only able to make Nif-Viewer things in 3D, the other stuff someone else has to do.) Also thanks to all others, whos models are in parts base of my ships (C.Rolands Galleas is base for some models here).

Ancient Ships

These units are from SPQR-Mod.

1. Roman Quinquereme
Direct Download
Warlords Trieme with additional towers on board. Actually there is no new skin. An icon is included in zipfile.

2. Siegequinquereme

Direct Download
This is based on Warlords-Trieme too. White Rabbit removed the sails and masts, I added the towers. The towers themself ar made by Charly. Icon is included in zipfile.

3. Liburn
Direct Download
This is also a modyfied Warlords-Trieme, just with one single mast. this unit has a new skin. Icon is included in zipfile.

4. Transport
Direct Download
This unit is based on the Civ4-Galley bvut has no oars (White_Rabbit modell). Means this is sailing ship. There is a lighly changed skin, but there is planed some more detailed reskin. Icon is included in zipfile.

Medieval Ships

:move: 1. (byzantine) Dromon

» Direct Download

Dromons (from Greek δρόμων dromon "runner") were warships of the Byzantine navy from the 6th to 12th centuries AD. They were indirectly developed from the ancient trireme and were usually propelled by both oar and sail. Some were square rigged, some latin rigged. The number of oars and the type of construction varied over time.

:hammers: 2. Galley
Galleys dominated Naval warfare especially in the Mediterranean from the middle ages to the development of effective naval gunnery around the 15th and 16th centuries. And even then they were used in mediterranean coasts until Napoleonic era.

Im still working on it.

:hammers: 3. Galleas
Based on C.Rolands Galleas, but it has some additional details on board. Im still working on it.

:hammers: 4. Cog
Cogs are ships that were widely used from around the 12th century. This vessel was fitted with a single mast and a square rigged single sail and were mostly associated with sea-going trade in medieval Europe (Hansa), particularly in the Baltic Sea region.

Im still working on it.

:hammers: 5. Hulk
A hulk (also spelled "Holk") was a type of medieval sea craft somewhat similar to a cog and a kind of technological precedent of the carrack and caravel.

Im still working on it.

:hammers: 6. Carack
A carrack (or nao) was a sailing ship developed in the Mediterranean in the late middle ages but used long time. Most carracks were three-masted or four-masted.

Im still working on it.

======================

:hammers: = working on it
:move: = ready for download

Age of Discovery units

1. (english) War Galleon
Direct Download
Preview (unit to the left)
Older, simple reskin based on Civ4-Galleon. New Icon.

Some more Details (Pediatext idea and little more info about the unit in German only)

2. Treasure Galleon
Direct Download
Preview (unit to the right).
Also older, simple reskin based on Civ4-Galleon. New Icon.

Some more Details (Pediatext idea and little more info about the Galleon unit in German only)

Nice Ship ! You should add them in the DB.

Do the siege triereme fire like a catapult ? Because I'm planning to do a Catapult Triereme, and I do not want to create one if someone already did it.

I know your medieval ship are not done, but it will all be better if they have different skin. I can skin it all for you if you want.

Even better Geo, is that they are more ships that should have been added in the original game. :)

Now we only need someone who starts churning out more asian-inspired ships... :mischief:

Wow love the medieval ships :). Could you add some "siege" weapons on some of them?

Do the siege triereme fire like a catapult ? Because I'm planning to do a Catapult Triereme, and I do not want to create one if someone already did it.
No it dosn't. I tried it, but sadly I failed by doing this (I'm not good in this). Good luck if you want to try this.

I know your medieval ship are not done, but it will all be better if they have different skin. I can skin it all for you if you want.
Thank you. :)

Since most of medieval Ships are "collections of tiles", but mainly based on your Galleas model, you will know what to skin allready without seeing the model. (Actually there are only the *.nif parts none, and no *_fx.nif is ready for use.) I will relase these units step by step (and probably in different versions for each unit). The first one will be the Galley. I think, it will be a good idea, having Galleys with crescent and otheres with a cross on its latin sail(s). So if you think, this would be a good start ... ;)

:hammers:

Any plans on a PT-109 vessel with the modern era ships, or a Vietnam swift boat?

superb ships !! Good stuff for the middle ages

Arne Great work...,Been looking & waiting for some ships to add to Acient Era.

But Historically Arne, the Siegequinquereme was a Double Hull Quereme Ship that they mounted a Siege Tower on. Yours would be Techically a Siegequereme, :)
Do you think you could build a Double Hull Quereme with a Siege Tower?
Arne i have a request...
Could you add a second Sail & Oars or just a second Sail to your Transport Galley?
Also to your Librune, Could you enlarge it to the size of your Quinquereme & add a second Sail?
I think those would look too Cool!!! Super Transports of the Ancient Era!
Klyde...:goodjob:

Top Bottom