Arrested Development Picked Up For 3rd Season

Plexus

Architeuthidae puericomedentis
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/25145.htm

June 16, 2005 -- 'ARRESTED Development" star Jeffrey Tambor nearly cried when the critically acclaimed comedy was picked up for a third season on Fox.

"I had steeled myself for cancellation," Tambor told the Post yesterday shortly after wrapping a matinee performance in the Tony-winning play "Glengarry Glen Ross," which he has been starring in since May.

"So when ["Arrested"] had been picked up again, I was more emotional than I thought I would be. I was so happy - it's one of the great working opportunities of my career."

"Arrested" follows the goofy trials and tribulations of a spoiled, dysfunctional family who have lost all their money. Tambor plays two roles: family patriarch/escaped corporate felon, George Bluth Sr., and George's long-haired polar-opposite brother, Oscar.

"I wear this wig and get to flip my hair," the bald actor jokes. "That's something I haven't done in a long time."

The brainchild of Mitchell Hurwitz - who re-signed this week to continue running the show - the Emmy-winning "Arrested" immediately became a critical hit in 2003, but has yet to draw a wide audience. Last season Fox even cut the show's episode order - typically a sign of impending cancellation.

"We all got a little shaky when [Fox] cut back the order, but they were protecting us," says Tambor.

He says he doesn't know what will happen next season. "They obviously have had this all thought out," he says.

But "we don't get a great deal of lead time. Sometimes we've gotten the scripts that morning [of filming], and I love that. I'm an enemy of too much think time. I like to be on the fly."

The comedy did score good numbers with some advertisers and, to the shock and delight of fans, will be back for a third season this fall.

In the finale, Tambor's George Sr. was last seen impersonating his brother, Oscar, and running off to join the Blue Man Group stage show.

"I actually got a letter from the Blue Man Group saying I did a good job," he says. "I was so honored."

Hooray! [party]

This is great news. That is a fantastic show.

I never really got into the show. what's it's time slot going to be now, since Sundays seem filled currently?

An arresting development to be sure. Yahoo!!

It's a funny show, but I have only seen its pilot and like parts of a couple episodes. It was funny when I did watch it, though.

This is excellent! Its the funniest show on TV, people should watch it. I mean come on! An actually excellent sitcom is extremely rare nowadays.

cgannon64 said:
YES!!!!!!

I just got through watching the first season's DVDs. :D :D
Me too, actually. I've never even seen it on television.

:dance: this is great news. i love this show. though the 2nd season was a little lacking, if they make more shows like the 1st season, it'll be hillarious.

Even a bad episode of AD beats most shows on T.V.

This is good news indeed. It's one of the few current sitcoms that is funny.

But I bet brazilian Fox will continue to re-run old episodes, like they always do...

I think it's a good show and I like it, but I don't see how this is a great show.

I read these comments and reviews on the Internet and if I didn't watched the program myself I would think it was the greatest show ever made.

Somehow, this show got a cult following really fast and I just don't get it.

cgannon64 said:
Absolutely - you're missing out on the greatest American sitcom in a long time.
Damn straight!

Top Bottom