Art and Music

The Capo

godless Heathen

ART & MUSIC

This thread is all about the flavor! Here we discuss any art or music involved in the game. This can also be used to discuss things like the interface and flags as well. This is easily my favorite area of modding, so please give suggestions and feedback. :goodjob:

SCREENSHOTS AND IMAGES

This will be a place where I generally post images and screenshots for the mod. Some will be full-on screens, some will be nifskope shots. But it will be a good place to get some visual updates on Diplomacy II. This will be updated regularly:

Industrial Celtic Units (Grenadier, Cavalry, Cannon, Rifleman)

South-Pacific Citystyle work-in-progress

"I'm Henry VIII, I am, I am..."

The Flavian Amphitheatre in Madrid trains a Mayan-style Holkan instead of a Spearman!

Boudica has a brand-new ride... (new Celtic UU, the Cidainh)

English Warriors get some sun in Honolulu

Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon

Middle-Eastern Great Merchant strikes it rich in Mutal

The Israeli Defense Force throughout the ages...

The Great Buddha

Northern European Great Merchant, Renaissance-era

Some New Russian/Slavic Units Courtesy of Bakuel!

Byzantine Empress Theodora

An Iroquois Shaman in Cayuga

Some new MesoAmerican Units!

I think the Inca flag should be the now-infamous gay rights flag. Although that may spark a remark like "Vortilex, are you gay or something?" Here are my reasons:

The modern-day Cuzco flag is a rainbow.
The Spanish noticed that the Incas carried a banner with them that was roughly square, and had a rainbow on it.
The protesters to governments in Peru and Bolivia have a similar flag, although it is a checkerboard rainbow pattern. It's kind of like this: There is one normal rainbow column, then a column where red is the second block and violet is the top, then a third column where red is the third block, violet is the second, and blue is on top, etc. until there have been seven colors.

FYI, I'm not gay, in case someone was going to through my above rhetorical question at me :)

I think the Inca flag should be the now-infamous gay rights flag. Although that may spark a remark like "Vortilex, are you gay or something?" Here are my reasons:

The modern-day Cuzco flag is a rainbow.
The Spanish noticed that the Incas carried a banner with them that was roughly square, and had a rainbow on it.
The protesters to governments in Peru and Bolivia have a similar flag, although it is a checkerboard rainbow pattern. It's kind of like this: There is one normal rainbow column, then a column where red is the second block and violet is the top, then a third column where red is the third block, violet is the second, and blue is on top, etc. until there have been seven colors.

FYI, I'm not gay, in case someone was going to through my above rhetorical question at me :)

Dammit! Double-post :mad:

I'm sure it suits the Incas well, but I prefer to have bicolor icons for all of the civs.
Overally it's much better for me that way

While I understand your point Vortilex, Diplomacy II is going to keep the bicolor flags. So no gay pride parades for Pachacuti. Sorry. :goodjob:

Looks like I have more work to do on the unit update! Although I suppose I could save it for the next one (which should be for the playtest after next). Coffee Junkie just updated his Ethnic Mix More mod, and his work is getting much better. You should check out all of the units, but I praticularly like a lot of his Indian ones and some of the Elephants. So expect those to be in soon. I wanted to get the Flavian Amphitheatre in tonight, but I'm thinking maybe I should do another unit update (much smaller, and will easily take less time) with these new ones.

If I do that, I could probably put up a few more unit-images. So what do you guys think? I do have to wait for Geo to finish the new CC for Diplomacy II, and so long as the Flavian Amphitheatre code works (which I have been told it will) that shouldn't take long. So its up to you guys. Do you want me to do more unit updates before the next playtest or not?

(check out the units in his thread and let me know what you think, I won't be using all of them of course, but some of the better ones I will be).

Oh yeah, and I guess since this thread is for "Music" too - The Capo, if you need a certain diplomacy music for a specific leader of civilization, feel free to scream it out.

Thanks cybrxkhan, I have already replaced the Iroquois, Vietnamese, and Polynesian music in my mod with music from a couple of your packs. What I planned on doing was adding at least one more track to each civ. What this would do for me is give me some more options on the modular civs.

When that time comes around you'll probably hear a lot from me, although you have covered a lot of territory with your music packs. So in the off-chance I can't find something in there I want to use, you'll hear from me. :)

I hate the diplomacy musics :(
I can't have them for Hungary, because my civ is not in the main release of the mod and the stupid modular sound loading work this way
I want custom music and sounds for Hungary too :(

I hate the diplomacy musics :(
I can't have them for Hungary, because my civ is not in the main release of the mod and the stupid modular sound loading work this way
I want custom music and sounds for Hungary too :(

Poor baby.

I told you I would also make a Deluxe edition with all of the modular civs, in that they will have order/select sounds and music. But that is for another time. We're talking base-mod now. Stay on topic. ;)

Actually, I have decided to do another quick unit update. Coffee Junkie and Ambrox have come out with some cool units that I should add into the game too, and there aren't too many (at least not as many as I have already done) so I'll put them in and have some screens with some units and maybe some in-game stuff for everyone to drool over. :goodjob:

Well everyone, I have finished the last quick unit update except for one unit: the Carthaginian War Elephant.

It is an important unit, and part of the identity of Carthage, so to me I wanted to make it as good as possible. Right now I have four options, there are reasons for each to be in. I'l give a quick synopsis on my likes and dislikes for each one:

1. Ambrox made this one, I like the general form of it, but to me the shield looks a little weak. This could be changed of course.
  2. This one was from Coffee Junkies Ethnic Mix More mod. I like the rider (it matches up with the rest of the Carthaginian set I use), not so sure about the blanket (it looks good, but how Carthaginian is it?), and the shield and carriage are rather boring.
  3. This is just the vanilla/stock-BtS Carthage War Elephant. The only bonus to having this is that the rider matches the Numidian Mercenary, so it doesn't stand out as much.
  4. This is another one from Ambrox, I like the color-scheme and the carriage a lot. The shield and rider could be better/more Carthaginian though.

So what does everyone think?

Attachments

• CarthageWarElephants.jpg
    CarthageWarElephants.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,083
:thumbsup:

Btw, is anyone interested in rearranging the soundtrack so that, for instance, each piece of music is in the appropriate time frame? i.e., anything by Beethoven is in the Renascence Era, any Gregorian Chant is in the Medieval Era, and expanding the Modern/Future Era soundtracks to include less classical music and more, I dunno, some modern bands. I honestly hate the Modern/Future soundtrack because it's so depressing. I mute the music during those eras.

1. Ambrox made this one, I like the general form of it, but to me the shield looks a little weak. This could be changed of course.
  2. This one was from Coffee Junkies Ethnic Mix More mod. I like the rider (it matches up with the rest of the Carthaginian set I use), not so sure about the blanket (it looks good, but how Carthaginian is it?), and the shield and carriage are rather boring.
  3. This is just the vanilla/stock-BtS Carthage War Elephant. The only bonus to having this is that the rider matches the Numidian Mercenary, so it doesn't stand out as much.
  4. This is another one from Ambrox, I like the color-scheme and the carriage a lot. The shield and rider could be better/more Carthaginian though.

I have the same issue in my new update :) I decided to probably go with 2, as the unit matches the rest of my set better. For now I use 1 with the elephant and carriage skins of 4 (EMM came out after it, so I have not added its units yet).

I have the same issue in my new update :) I decided to probably go with 2, as the unit matches the rest of my set better. For now I use 1 with the elephant and carriage skins of 4 (EMM came out after it, so I have not added its units yet).

I was trying to make this same decision just last night too! I chose #4 in the end as I think both the elephant and rider look more Carthaginian.

Well everyone, I have finished the last quick unit update except for one unit: the Carthaginian War Elephant.

It is an important unit, and part of the identity of Carthage, so to me I wanted to make it as good as possible. Right now I have four options, there are reasons for each to be in. I'l give a quick synopsis on my likes and dislikes for each one:

I'd rank them: 2 > 3 > 1 > 4, personally.

I actually did end up going with 4 after reviewing my options and other civs elephants. 1 was too close to the generic hellenistic elephant for my taste and I just was not convinced of 2.

For now I went with option 2, only because the rider fit in with the rest of the Carthaginian set I use. I plan on mixing them all up (similarly to what I did with the Franco LH).

And while you are here, be sure to check out the new screens I posted. :goodjob:

Top Bottom