Art and Music

So basically you are advocating the addition of a bunch of civs. The only issue I really have with this is that the intent of the mod is to try not to stray too much from the original game. Just to kind of enhance it. I think what I may do is go along with a few of your suggestions. I'd rather not add Austria as a base civ, I went with the Franks to replace the HRE. As far as adding the Apache goes I don't know, I don't really think I have a good amount of flavored units for them to warrant adding it as a base civ. I had some made that were of decent quality but I lost the files, so I'm gonna have to redo them, which kinda blows. Adding Poland might be a good idea actually.

I can understand that
No Austria then
Btw I only suggested Austria and the Apache because both have very good LHs
Francis I, Franz Jozef, Metternich, and Cochise, Geronimo, respectively

From what I can tell you'd like to add Poland, Nubia, Assyria, Phoenicia, and Siam as a base-civs?

And Hungary of course :)
That's also a definite one :king:

So if this is the case you'd want the regular civs all in the game. Native America, HRE, and the Vikings removed and then Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Sioux, the Iroquois, the Franks, Poland, Nubia, Assyria, Phoenicia, Siam, Israel, and Vietnam as the new civs in the game?

Actually I like the Civ V approach where Denmark kinda represents Denmark-Norway, while Sweden kinda represents Sweden-Finland.
IMO there is no need for a separate Norway in the base game, only as a modular civ later.

All BtS civs
- Native America, HRE, Vikings
+ Sioux, Iroquios, Franks, Denmark, Sweden
+ Poland, Hungary, Nubia, Assyria, Phoenicia, Siam, Vietnam, Israel

(+) You also had Polynesia in your original plans (IIRC the 6 original extra civs were: Franks, Israel, Polynesia, Iroquois, Sioux, Vietnam)
(+) Hittites, Armenia, Songhai are also great candidates

EDIT: Also, should I make India two civs? The Hindis and Dravidians?

I'm not really sure about this one
Definitely not a mistake, for example the Total Realism team went this way
Still, personally I don't know which version is better. We also have a unified China after all

The only reason I suggested the extra Indian civ is due to the wealth of leaderheads and units available for them. Plus it would extend the instances of Hindu-leaning civs. That's why I'm avoiding combining Carthage with Phoenicia, so we have more civs that follow Ba'alism. And yes, Hungary could be in as a base civ too. Of course this will require more work, but I suppose it is worth it. We will need unit order/select sounds and music for all of these new civs BTW. I might also need to figure out a way to add the Hungarian city-set, but I can't make promises with that one. Not sure if I am up to the task of editing the already complicated Cultural City-styles, and if I screw up there doesn't appear to be an uploaded stand-alone mod.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Polynesia is in, I just forgot to include them in my post.

I support the India partioning, mainly because they were indeed for the most parts seperated

Yeah, separating India and Dravida makes good sense. It's only in the last couple centuries that they've been united as the same state. Much harder to make a similar divide for China as the various subsections have been been politically and culturally entangled for millennia (excluding Tibet, the Uighur, and the Jurchen/Manchurians, all of whom are much more recent additions)

The only reason I suggested the extra Indian civ is due to the wealth of leaderheads and units available for them. Plus it would extend the instances of Hindu-leaning civs. That's why I'm avoiding combining Carthage with Phoenicia, so we have more civs that follow Ba'alism. And yes, Hungary could be in as a base civ too. Of course this will require more work, but I suppose it is worth it. We will need unit order/select sounds and music for all of these new civs BTW. I might also need to figure out a way to add the Hungarian city-set, but I can't make promises with that one. Not sure if I am up to the task of editing the already complicated Cultural City-styles, and if I screw up there doesn't appear to be an uploaded stand-alone mod.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Polynesia is in, I just forgot to include them in my post.

Cultural Citystyles is still available, thankfully, the website gave me trouble the other day but it is still there.

Any chance I could be included in the play test too? I lost my last copy of the your mod, & everything else, when my hard drive crashed recently.

Of course. And I might just not finish Arpad before putting a new playtest out because I have so much work to do now on this mod. So I might have the playtest out in the next two weeks with an unfinished Arpad in the game.

To be clear though, I am going to add Poland, Hungary, Phoenicia, Nubia, and then I suppose Denmark and Sweden and then remove the Vikings, even though that's sad. I will need to create units and stuff for these civs. So the Vikings are out as a civ now eh...

I will be needing era-flags for Poland, Denmark and Sweden. And I am not sure I have many for Phoenicia, so if I could get help with this that would be awesome.

I'll se if I can put some of them up in the weekend

Got anything handy for me now? Currently I just have my old "broken" dutch units. Which is sad cuz I thought they were really cool.

EDIT: "Broken" meaning they looked fine in Blender, and in NifSkope, but were all warped and disfigured in-game.

Started working on the American medieval units. First one is finished, here is the longbowman...

The rest will be very similar time-period-wise.

Attachments

• AmericanLongbow.png
    AmericanLongbow.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 282
Hey guys, still working on the American medieval units. I am going to make a unit-group of three knights and I just wanted to run the idea by you. I live in the state of Maryland so I was thinking of giving one of the knights a Maryland theme. I have a couple of reasons for doing this (not just because I live there). First, Maryland's state sport is jousting, which is odd for an American state. Secondly, the have a nice looking "medieval" flag...

...also I am from Maryland and think it would be cool to represent it.

The next one I was going to do was some sort of Washington-themed Knight. George Washington is the father of the country, so I think it would be appropriate to theme a knight after his family crest/flag, which looks like this....

...so for the third knight I was going to do a generic United States looking Knight. So something similar to the set I am currently using. Thoughts?

Sounds great!

...and then a Knight/Lancer decorated in the Maryland State Flag/Coat of Arms. Complete with Jousting Shield (Jousting is the official state sport of Maryland, the state I live in).

I am going to make another Knight which will look very cool but will have the same horse and shield as the current "what-if" units I am using for America's medieval period. The rider will be a reskinned Landsknecht. I am going to make three different macemen and a Crossbowmen then I'm finished. :goodjob:

Thoughts?

Attachments

• AmericanKnight2.png
    AmericanKnight2.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 309
...here's a Knight decorated in the Washington family crest...

After spending the past several days playing a lot of SR4, and being as 'MERCA, YEA as possible as President Hulk Hogan, I'm officially hyped to be able to do the same thing in the medieval era with that unit.

How's SVN going? I found I might just as well upload the units directly to SVN instead, so I'll keep them for myself until that's fixed

How's SVN going? I found I might just as well upload the units directly to SVN instead, so I'll keep them for myself until that's fixed

I am not doing SVN until I am finished with this playtest, because I have so much to do. So I would appreciate it if you could send me those units so I can finish all the graphics updates. Its like among one of the last things I need to do before the playtest is out, so I don't really get why you wouldn't send them anyway.

EDIT: The playtest is only going to you, Absinthe, and TAdF, so don't worry about them getting out there before you are ready.

Top Bottom