Art Suggestions + Updates

NikNaks

Deity
Well, as I'm trying to get back into this for the umpteenth time, I thought I'd try to keep things organised with a thread. Note that the art here will be for BUG and BULL as opposed to things like units for BAT.

To-do:
  • BUG screen background

So, feel free to request updates for buttons or new graphical tweaks that you think have been neglected!

ok ...

1) mantis button so that we can compare to lady bird button
2) BUG brown background that I seem to remember for charts

what is the BEAST SVN? Is that different from BUG, BULL, etc?

Ages ago, when I was changing the python generated charts, I posted a bunch of sample charts with my bluemarble background (picture of clouds and a radian sun). Someone (I thought it was you) posted an alternate chart background that was the standard civ background (the light brown) with the lady bird bug picture etched in.

Yeah, it's the "Bug Extras: Art, Site and Text" one. I assumed we all had access to it. However, it's uploaded here as well (just change the extension to DDS - attachments don't like them).

And I don't think that was me :\

Attachments

• BUGMantis.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 62
Ages ago, when I was changing the python generated charts, I posted a bunch of sample charts with my bluemarble background (picture of clouds and a radian sun). Someone (I thought it was you) posted an alternate chart background that was the standard civ background (the light brown) with the lady bird bug picture etched in.
I cannot find it ... oh well - this is what we need ...

the background in the following pic with the BUG lady bird etched in ...

Mmm, good one. How should we indicate other masters vs. yourself when you have vassals? Does it matter?

Tan is not a good color for the background of the graph screen.

At least one of the civ's colors is nearly identical, maybe Celtia (i don't remember exactly which), and several more are uncomfortably similar. You can see in the screenshot above, even India's light purple getting lost.

I don't know what would work with all the colors, except black or maybe something close to black. Though admittedly that's a big stylistic departure.

You know, a nice crown would be like the one in your avvy, EF. I think it would be quite fitting. :)

Can you explain what is needed here?
NN had a preying mantis button that we wanted to compare to the lady bird button - he told me where I could find it, we put them together in the game and decided to go with the preying mantis button.

I would still like to have the Praying Mantis on a large button (same size as Globe View). I would then put it to the left of the Event Log button.

I liked the placeholder Rocket Ship icon that you guys had for a while the best actually. IMHO, Bugs are just weird...

IMHO, Bugs are just weird...
I find it hilarious that you said that in the BUG forum. :D

I like the little rocket ship, too, but I think a ladybug is much niftier. It is the BUG emblem, after all.

Just sayin'.

err - we ended up going with the preying mantis so that it matched the head icon for BULL and BAT.

I guess I could make it an option :lol:

Top Bottom